Preview new User Interface for Core UI

Daniel Dekel

On 17/01/2024 at 13:55, sprasad said:

Using the Apply to Email funtion

We delete all the unwanted Text, then go to the Attachments. 
As soon as click on delete all (for the attachments) all the text we had selected (e.g. Highlighted below) re-appear on the form.

The only way arond this is to delete the attachments 1st, then delete the Text.
image.thumb.png.b75868f2fc5b159114a3e25131b93571.png

Hi @sprasad

We've identified the issue and we'll have this corrected in the next update of Service Manager.

Kind regards,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the new email function has been deployed to the new UI, it is no longer possible to reply or reply all to an email and quote the previous email chain. To do this, I have to click forward instead and then 'See forwarded content', then re-type the email addresses I want to reply to.

However, it looks as though we can no longer use either reply or forward to send emails to recipients outside of the domain connected to Hornbill, thereby making this email system highly unusable in many calls.

Could we have the ability to email external email addresses in the email function, and quote previous correspondence when replying to emails?

On 31/01/2024 at 10:09, AKJ said:

Now that the new email function has been deployed to the new UI, it is no longer possible to reply or reply all to an email and quote the previous email chain. To do this, I have to click forward instead and then 'See forwarded content', then re-type the email addresses I want to reply to.

However, it looks as though we can no longer use either reply or forward to send emails to recipients outside of the domain connected to Hornbill, thereby making this email system highly unusable in many calls.

Could we have the ability to email external email addresses in the email function, and quote previous correspondence when replying to emails?

Ignore most of this post, I didn't realise semi-colon was the button to trigger email separation.

Would still appreciate the ability to send previous replies in an email chain through the reply function instead of in just forwarding though.

• 3 weeks later...

We've noticed a usability issue in the Preview UI with the Links widget in the portal in Dark and High Contrast modes.

In the current UI, tiles are rendered with a dark font, however the tiles are not distinguishable from each other.

In the preview UI, the tiles are visually distinguishable, however their titles are rendered in white, making them almost impossible to read.

The titles are nearly unreadable in High Contrast mode in both the current and preview UI

Links - Current UI.png

Links - Preview UI.png

Links - High Contrast.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/02/2024 at 12:52, AKJ said:

Would still appreciate the ability to send previous replies in an email chain through the reply function instead of in just forwarding though.

+1 to be able to reply with previous content

On 21/11/2023 at 15:45, Emily Patrick said:

With the introduction of CH00179909 for the wiki help, can be adjusted at all, so that once you've typed what you want in the resolution box, for example, you can easily get to the Category view beneath the box, without needing to do an extra click in the white space to get to the category options? 

image.png.11efcb6b107cf13903ac08ae3b9cd5ee.png

Just linking back to this post regarding the above issue:

• Like 1

After the 2nd April new UI deadline, I was preparing a notification to our users about the orange UI button and the impact of clicking on it and turning the new UI on early.

I noticed this anomaly Firefox (124.0) that there appears to be no orange button and the new UI appears live already. I am using my Admin account and I don't believe this has had the button pressed. 

My Admin account in Edge shows this:

image.thumb.png.c100c58051cdcad656d211795d90c743.png

My Admin account in FireFox shows this

image.thumb.png.d01ea50c4e2e968fadf2f2e059c16a1a.png 

I get the same issue with a test account - the new UI seems already applied.

Does anyone else see this or not? I'd like to know so that I can issue a consistent communication to me user base about what they will see in different browsers.

Thanks,

Art

Some members of the team are now using the new UI to familiarise themselves with the layout.
We are seeing occasions when replying to emails that we are having to open the reply a number of times for the technicians signature to appear in the email reply whereas this would apply each time prior to the new UI. Is this a known issue?

On 19/03/2024 at 15:00, Claire Holtham said:

+1 here too. I might raise this on a new thread, now that we're being forced onto the new UI on 2nd April...

On 19/03/2024 at 11:55, HHH said:

+1 to be able to reply with previous content

Same here. Don't like to lose previous functionality :)

Hi,

We are also seeing issues with some email formatting in the new UI - some emails do not format correctly.

I can't share any examples on here, but they come through to our inbox with the wrong font (courier new) and the text is not wrapped to the preview window, meaning we have to scroll sideways to read the remaining text.

On 22/10/2023 at 13:35, Daniel Dekel said:

@Estie we'll look at this.

Hi Daniel, we've noticed there is a mismatch between the total number of mail items showing on the left, and the actual number in the inbox on the new UI only. An f5 to refresh the screen corrects this.  so it's an annoyance for our first line staff who dont want to constantly be refreshing hornbill to see that there are new items in the inbox that require attention. 

Cheers, Claire 

image.png.4cd2f8133ae5b6cac1ac805aea066f33.png

1 minute ago, Claire Holtham said:

Hi Daniel, we've noticed there is a mismatch between the total number of mail items showing on the left, and the actual number in the inbox on the new UI only. An f5 to refresh the screen corrects this.  so it's an annoyance for our first line staff who dont want to constantly be refreshing hornbill to see that there are new items in the inbox that require attention. 

Cheers, Claire 

image.png.4cd2f8133ae5b6cac1ac805aea066f33.png

I brought this up a few months ago but didn't get a reply. It's interesting refreshing the page fixes it for you – myself and a few other members in our organisation have this persist permanently across different browsers and sessions, meaning it's tied to our accounts in some way as opposed to the mailbox itself.

Hi @Art at BU,

Regarding your comment - 

The New UI is set per browser per machine, so if you switched in let's say Chrome and you open in Firefox, if you hadn't switched before you will see the old UI with the button to switch. As the tooltip says, there is no option to get back to the old UI anymore once you switched.

image.png

This might be the confusion you had in the multiple browsers.

Hope is more clear now.

Daniel.

I'm nitpicking here - but it's a minor annoyance.

The request list header bar doesn't sit flush to the top, so there is a small gap where you can see things flying past when scrolling down the request list image.thumb.png.0055fb787a0e549e763145295709fb1e.png

Could I also ask that columns auto size correctly when the page first loads? It's not easy on the eyes when column width is changing as you're scrolling down the list

We have been notified of some accessibility issues in all 3 modes (Light, Dark & High Contrast) in the new UI request list.

In Light mode, links are rendered as blue text on a light blue background rendering the text almost impossible to read for users with colour blindness.

In Dark mode, links in unread requests are also rendered in the same blue text on a blue background, also rendering these illegible to colour blind users.

In High Contract mode, links un unread requests are rendered in yellow on a light yellow background and the rest of fields are rendered in white - this is illegible to all users.

I have tried playing around with the webapp.view.ITSM.serviceDesk.requests.list.unreadColour application setting, and it has no discernible effect in any mode, except for light mode.

Apologies if this has already been covered however we're finding that the difference/contrast of colours in the Request List between those that are Open and On Hold is quite low making it quite difficult to tell them apart:
image.png.2cda17cf3505a639f6b98c41c575388a.png

We have also had the Dark Mode links issue reported:
image.png.d9a74ab273827a17852db389d45f2160.png

21 hours ago, Miro said:

Hi @Claire Holtham

Thank you for reporting the issue, it should be fixed in the next core UI release.
@AKJ this should be the same for you (same problem).

Thank you,
Miro

Thanks Miro, 🙂 - I'll let our service desk know it will be fixed in the next core UI release - do you know if that will be before 2nd April please? 

17 minutes ago, Claire Holtham said:

Thanks Miro, 🙂 - I'll let our service desk know it will be fixed in the next core UI release - do you know if that will be before 2nd April please? 

Hi @Claire Holtham,

Our next build will be available either before the 2nd of April or at the same day.

Regards,

Daniel.