Preview new User Interface for Core UI

Daniel Dekel

Hi,

When using DB Direct, if you Hide the Table List, the Clear Execute Query and Execute Selected Text do not fit to the site of the screen (if using a scaled window) meaning you have to scroll to the side of the results to run the query

This is the same when using the actual query text box when composing a new query / editing one.

image.png.69a4196659805f2a4f5cf52c5f297b4a.png

image.png.e32983a1d447d526bf805b25f7855ad4.png

@will.good thanks for your post. 

Yes we are currently looking to add ai assist to the resolution action in particular. That feature will be added in the coming weeks.

We are looking at all possible integration points and email and live chat are very much part of our thoughts so I'd say watch this space.

As a side note you'll be pleased to hear a live chat update is coming soon that includes the use of snippets 🙂

Alex

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More answers:

@Berto2002 - have you also noted and covered-off that the "dismiss all" button no longer closes the popout, so you just have to click the X in the top right as well. This is also an extra click from the previous UI.
https://community.hornbill.com/topic/25439-preview-new-user-interface-for-core-ui/?do=findComment&comment=118757
[Daniel D] Fixed, available in our next build

@billster - No Dark Mode for Workflows and Capture
https://community.hornbill.com/topic/25439-preview-new-user-interface-for-core-ui/?do=findComment&comment=118767
[Daniel D] We are aware of the issue in the Employee Portal pages. The problem here is that most of the colours are configured by the customer, so when changing to Dark Mode, the colours remain the same.
Unfortunately the solution I see here is to disable the Dark Theme just for Employee Portal. Or as an alternative is to do the same we do with email in Dark Theme, invert the colours.
Regarding the Heads Up Display (Request Tracking) we are aware of this and already working on a solution.

@billster - also can't see anything in entity explorer
https://community.hornbill.com/topic/25439-preview-new-user-interface-for-core-ui/?do=findComment&comment=118768
[Daniel D] We'll check this out

@will.good - When using DB Direct, if you Hide the Table List, the Clear Execute Query and Execute Selected Text do not fit to the site of the screen...
https://community.hornbill.com/topic/25439-preview-new-user-interface-for-core-ui/?do=findComment&comment=118770
[Daniel D] We'll check this out

@Art at BU - I just noticed this today. We see this overflow of grey on our homepage in the new UI for the search widget. Has anyone seen similar?https://community.hornbill.com/topic/25439-preview-new-user-interface-for-core-ui/?do=findComment&comment=118836
[Daniel D] Do you still see the problem? We can't reproduce this.

On 12/10/2023 at 23:28, AlexTumber said:

Yes we are currently looking to add ai assist to the resolution action in particular. That feature will be added in the coming weeks.

We are looking at all possible integration points and email and live chat are very much part of our thoughts so I'd say watch this space.

@Daniel I think this will answer your question

• Thanks 1

Hi I have noticed that in the preview when using dark theme it is very difficult to read the text on the activities screen when choosing the 'authorise' option from an email notification.  It seems to be blue text on a grey background.
The cross to close the window (top right) is also not really visible as it is black like the background.

Also similar issue for human tasks in requests.
I have circled the areas in red in the below screenshot.

Thanks

image.png.4086468b3361150b4abc3a2237290f20.png

Hi I noticed that the times received on emails coming into our Hornbill mailbox are showing differently in the preview and non-preview.

Here is an email received at 15:35 today:

Preview on - shows time in the lefthand pane as 'one hour ago' (incorrect) and time in right hand side as 15:35:59 (correct):

image.png.8eb9cc2a1368e39236808b42644868ac.png

No preview on - time in left hand pane shows received 15 mins ago (correct) and time on the righthand side ie 15:36:30 (Incorrect? Slight difference to actual time received 15:35:59):

image.png.3aaa22ed8a6b96ca58c309fba1ab3d50.png 

This is an email that I sent as a test and so I know I sent it at approx 15:34/35).

Thanks

Hi, 

When I click the Hornbill logo, top left, to go back to my view that's set as my current home page, it comes up with the following error message: 

image.png.95372602a3fa3586e6c5ff89b51db47f.png

to get back to where I was expecting to go, I have to press F5 to do a refresh.  I'm using Edge v118.0.2088.46 which is managed by my organisation, on a Windows 10 device. 

@Estie is also getting this message, just in Chrome.  Resetting it in preview and it still doesn't work.  It shows a blank screen.  Estie is running Chrome version 118.0.5993.96 (official build) (arm64) on a MacBook running Monteray 12.7.   

13 minutes ago, Emily Patrick said:

@Estie is also getting this message, just in Chrome.  Resetting it in preview and it still doesn't work.  It shows a blank screen.  Estie is running Chrome version 118.0.5993.96 (official build) (arm64) on a MacBook running Monteray 12.7.   

Hi I am not actually getting the above error - when in preview and change to a different custom view, then use Hornbill logo to return to my previously set default custom view nothing happens (no error message at all).
I tried resetting the default view for the Hornbill logo whilst in preview but still not working.

Hi Daniel

Not sure if this has been highlighted but I have noted that if I enter the text 'Test the AI' I get 2 suggested outcomes as per below screen shot 1, but if i type 'test the ai' I just get one suggested outcome

I was not sure if this was by design or in fact some kind of issue?

Many thanks

image.thumb.png.a3cc0d954f8def6de8b093059b113984.png

10 minutes ago, Daniel Dekel said:

@Emily Patrick, @Estie,

By saying "Custom View" you mean pressing on the button "Make this my default view" ?

If so, what view are you setting as default?

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi @Daniel Dekel
I have created a view called Hornbill Active Tickets using the views list above my request list.
Once in that view I have clicked on my initials top right of the screen and chosen 'Make this my default view'
Previously when clicking on the Hornbill logo top left of the screen I would always be returned to the 'Hornbill Active Tickets' view.
See the screenshot below.
Hope that helps.

I have noticed that this no longer works in the non- preview so perhaps this is a general issue?

image.png.1c9f9974e6c6695d144dbcdeda1e8050.png

@Estie thanks for your post.

The functionality you are referring to (Make this my default view) refers to the Hornbill application as a whole. For example if you wanted your home page to be the news feed, the supplier catalog, or the request list etc.

To make a specific request list view the default view that you see on the request list you need to use this option.

Alex

image.png

2 hours ago, AlexTumber said:

@Estie thanks for your post.

The functionality you are referring to (Make this my default view) refers to the Hornbill application as a whole. For example if you wanted your home page to be the news feed, the supplier catalog, or the request list etc.

To make a specific request list view the default view that you see on the request list you need to use this option.

Alex

image.png

Hi @AlexTumber

I rarely use the House Icon in the toolbar in your screenshot.
The Hornbill Logo has definitely worked in the way I have described above since I started using Hornbill in 2021  - at least in the current UI (non Preview) - up until yesterday.  However as I said it did not work in the UI preview yesterday and now no longer works in the current UI.

When I first login to Hornbill I get the default 'Hornbill Active' view that I set.

When I open a ticket from the list in that view I usually click on the Hornbill logo and get taken back to the default view.  So it does work in that scenario.

I know other colleagues have also been using it this way and it does work for my colleague @Emily Patrick but she gets an error message appearing every so often.

So I am pretty sure something must have changed in the last few days.

If I set my default page to be a view should I not be able to return to that default page from anywhere in Hornbill?  Including from another view?

Hi 

Is there still a challenge with email?  A couple of questions: 

How do you apply updates to the current ticket i do not see the option  - What is the change

How do you raise new tickets from the inbox  - - the option has disappeared?

2 minutes ago, Bukola said:

those options are not being removed are they?

No, nothing is being removed. They are simply not yet implemented.

I believe the underlying functionality is all in place and the final update will be due in the next (or possibly next-but-one) Service Manager Update.