Preview new User Interface for Core UI

Daniel Dekel

17 hours ago, AlexOnTheHill said:

I have noticed also that if you have an email in your timeline and click show more there is now no button to show less

We've moved the Show more button so that its place over the text that you want to expanding as we have found that new users don't always understand where to click where a timeline post is truncated and this makes it more obvious.  Part of this change has meant removing the ability to collapse the post again as the button is no longer in the button bar and would require extra space to display.
We think that the improvement in usability to worth the removal of the Show less button, but welcome any feedback
Thanks
Trevor

1 minute ago, TrevorHarris said:

We've moved the Show more button so that its place over the text that you want to expanding as we have found that new users don't always understand where to click where a timeline post is truncated and this makes it more obvious.  Part of this change has meant removing the ability to collapse the post again as the button is no longer in the button bar and would require extra space to display.
We think that the improvement in usability to worth the removal of the Show less button, but welcome any feedback
Thanks
Trevor

Thank you, I would say that removal of the less button has caused confusion, I've had people reach out to me from the organisation asking where it has gone and my answer has been to refresh the page which seems less than ideal.

The more button is an improvement, certainly but its prominence highlights the absence of the less button.

Has anyone reported that the BPM logs are all spaced-out too and that's not very helpful. It was very useful when there were many rows on the screen because you can work out the sequence of things without having to scroll too much. now I have half the information and I'm always going up and down trying to re-find things...

image.thumb.png.c98b07f2cc6321b3c7c45621b76d3ad1.png

I've just started using the preview today as I've been off, but I do have to keep going back to the original version for applying emails to calls and raising them. I know this will get sorted though so not worried. I've asked some colleagues to test it and feed back any issues and will post on here if there's anything that hasn't already been picked up.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Berto2002 said:

In the Service Portfolio, when setting the Resolution Category Level, the twisties successfully expand a category set but do not contract it. The little arrow goes back to pointing right but the category does not collapse.

image.png.5fe758a7382171085ba9dd159eee3091.png

Just a little addition to this is that not only does the heading not collapse but when you raise subsequent requests they remain expanded. I expanded one section with a large number of subcategories and was stuck scrolling through them on each request I resolved afterwards. I think a force refresh would probably have fixed my issue but I thought this was still worth highlighting. 

Can I chuck one in while you are on it @AlexTumber?

Could you please make a minor tweak to the headers for the fields in the Request Details view on Requests?

We use almost all the fields in the Extended Change Request table and the headers are in the same size text and only slightly different to the text itself. Below just looks like a massive bunch of text so it's hard for people to scan and pick-out what they are looking for. Some bold or slightly larger text or nicely done horizontal lines would be most excellent.

I really think it would be useful if there was a little change made to draw attention to make these look a little more like headers to the eye.

image.thumb.png.fa077bd114aec3e051242350e9e650c7.png

14 hours ago, Berto2002 said:

Could you please make a minor tweak to the headers for the fields in the Request Details view on Requests?

Hi @Berto2002,

This hasn't changed from the original style. I take this is a general request for a change. This style applies to all our forms, not only the request details view. I was looking to improve this bit because it has always been a problem especially for accessibility reasons.

I'll add it but as a separate change request to our list.

Regards,

Daniel.

• Like 1

I mentioned previously about the poor alignment of the input fields in the date selection for reporting but I had failed to click on the date selection. The preview has a blank icon for backward and forward either side of the month and no longer highlights the current day.

Current: image.png.1ecc80aca937ec6f1a33ad7c2f042584.png Preview: image.png.da97a85ba2b861e9ba05cce58bce0b2d.png

Notifications

It is great to finally have notifications separated as we had previously requested that workspace notifications could be separated from request notifications.  I have found that once you click on the respective alert, it will open the request but the side display does not disappear until you click on the request.  So is an extra mouse click.image.png.f31533e3a8b0c51a164f1721812ebd10.png

No Dark Mode for Workflows and Capture? 🥲

TBH Dark mode looks loads better than what it did previously. But on our home page, the text is really hard to read.

On light mode it shows as a white background and the font is a dark blueish colour. But on darkmode it changes the background to dark blue but doesn't change the font colour or anything else to white.

image.png.3b3c8e4cb4f20324c69651e9dac0f10a.pngimage.png.b012957bc0dbe41799a3e46544349aa2.png

And the request tracking looks like this..........

image.thumb.png.ac3196f35a7c168e0023a37edd4602d2.png

2 minutes ago, billster said:

No Dark Mode for Workflows and Capture? 🥲

TBH Dark mode looks loads better than what it did previously. But on our home page, the text is really hard to read.

On light mode it shows as a white background and the font is a dark blueish colour. But on darkmode it changes the background to dark blue but doesn't change the font colour or anything else to white.

image.png.3b3c8e4cb4f20324c69651e9dac0f10a.pngimage.png.b012957bc0dbe41799a3e46544349aa2.png

And the request tracking looks like this..........

image.thumb.png.ac3196f35a7c168e0023a37edd4602d2.png

also can't see anything in entity explorer

image.png.8b623ba64505b2874e6b4cd15ce1eb3c.png