Preview new User Interface for Core UI

Daniel Dekel

On 19/10/2023 at 16:07, Estie said:

Hi I noticed that the times received on emails coming into our Hornbill mailbox are showing differently in the preview and non-preview.

Here is an email received at 15:35 today:

Preview on - shows time in the lefthand pane as 'one hour ago' (incorrect) and time in right hand side as 15:35:59 (correct):

image.png.8eb9cc2a1368e39236808b42644868ac.png

No preview on - time in left hand pane shows received 15 mins ago (correct) and time on the righthand side ie 15:36:30 (Incorrect? Slight difference to actual time received 15:35:59):

image.png.3aaa22ed8a6b96ca58c309fba1ab3d50.png 

This is an email that I sent as a test and so I know I sent it at approx 15:34/35).

Thanks

@Daniel Dekel Hi is there an update on this issue please?

@will.good,

We will take a look at the reporting tabs layout. The org structure paging and counting being wrong sounds more like an introduced data defect - will see what that is and patch if needed.

Update: A patch for the org paging has been requested.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Hi @will.good

On 21/03/2024 at 11:46, will.good said:

I'm nitpicking here - but it's a minor annoyance.

The request list header bar doesn't sit flush to the top, so there is a small gap where you can see things flying past when scrolling down the request list image.thumb.png.0055fb787a0e549e763145295709fb1e.png

Could I also ask that columns auto size correctly when the page first loads? It's not easy on the eyes when column width is changing as you're scrolling down the list

Had a look but currently these are issues with the underlying component that we cannot fix directly.  As priorities permit we'll look to alternatives to try to move away from these problems.

Kind regards,

Dave

On 21/03/2024 at 11:52, Gareth Cantrell said:

We have been notified of some accessibility issues in all 3 modes (Light, Dark & High Contrast) in the new UI request list.

In Light mode, links are rendered as blue text on a light blue background rendering the text almost impossible to read for users with colour blindness.

In Dark mode, links in unread requests are also rendered in the same blue text on a blue background, also rendering these illegible to colour blind users.

In High Contract mode, links un unread requests are rendered in yellow on a light yellow background and the rest of fields are rendered in white - this is illegible to all users.

I have tried playing around with the webapp.view.ITSM.serviceDesk.requests.list.unreadColour application setting, and it has no discernible effect in any mode, except for light mode.

Hi @Gareth Cantrell

As you mentioned the app setting is only really applicable to light mode.  We've made numerous changes in all three modes ahead of the next Service Manager update which will be out ahead of the switchover date for the new UI which should address the primary issues you mentioned.  We're continuing to make further improvements to the colouring on the request list and if there happen to be any issues following the next update we'll look to address them with highest priority.

Kind regards,

Dave.

Hi @Sam P

On 21/03/2024 at 13:30, Sam P said:

Apologies if this has already been covered however we're finding that the difference/contrast of colours in the Request List between those that are Open and On Hold is quite low making it quite difficult to tell them apart:
image.png.2cda17cf3505a639f6b98c41c575388a.png

We have also had the Dark Mode links issue reported:
image.png.d9a74ab273827a17852db389d45f2160.png

We've been working on colour improvements in the next Service Manager update and we'll take a look at this to see if we can make some improvement here.

Kind regards,

Dave.

New issue with forwarded emails-  Timeline incomplete.

If I open an email from the call timeline, and forward it on with the thread included, plus some new text. Then I send it to the customer  & I include our service desk.

I'd expect it to not only email out the customer, but also update the timeline and append the email to the call. 

What it does is: append the email to the call (all of it), email the customer, but, it only partly updates the timeline - on the timeline it shows the forwarded text, but not the new text I added. 

I hope this is clear...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Claire Holtham said:

New issue with forwarded emails-  Timeline incomplete.

If I open an email from the call timeline, and forward it on with the thread included, plus some new text. Then I send it to the customer  & I include our service desk.

I'd expect it to not only email out the customer, but also update the timeline and append the email to the call. 

What it does is: append the email to the call (all of it), email the customer, but, it only partly updates the timeline - on the timeline it shows the forwarded text, but not the new text I added. 

I hope this is clear...

We're having the same issue here

Hello

How do I switch back to the old UI this new one is massive it takes up way to much screen and the laptops were given to work on are small enough as it is, I need to see it all in one glace not all across the page un centred like the new Ui also its massive

Old - Good
Horn1.thumb.png.064751aad35935f449bd7bee6b82c8f2.png
New - Bad

Horn2.thumb.png.24741ae94c47df5f9811fce82b36b96d.png

Couple of issues in the new UI

1. When logging a ticket in Service Manager <span></span> is not being rendered in the preview on the right-hand side. I haven't checked any other wiki markup elements apart from the [[ ]] links one, nor have I checked this in the Employee Portal yet.

Here is an example:
    image.thumb.png.f9cac1559a533a6b2e4edeae1285a7f7.png

2. The preview is severely truncated - please could we have a show more button or render the entire thing on the right-hand side
    image.thumb.png.ab868bd0d177543796a639f75e0c6c3a.png

Another issue...

I can no longer pin a page to favourites. 

image.png.7785cfdbd6b451085aa00423bf709ba5.png

When I reach the highlighted part (it's an approximate location but around that sort of area) the menu closes... so it makes it impossible to pin a page (unless I do some F12 trickery)

44 minutes ago, samwoo said:

When logging a ticket in Service Manager <span></span> is not being rendered in the preview on the right-hand side. I haven't checked any other wiki markup elements apart from the [[ ]] links one, nor have I checked this in the Employee Portal yet.

Hi @samwoo,

1. I can't replicate the problem with the <span>. I've tested it with multiple colours and can't see the issue.

image.png

2. The "Show More" makes sense. I'll add it to our list.

20 minutes ago, samwoo said:

I can no longer pin a page to favourites. 

3. I also can't replicate the problem.

Could you please let me know what OS and browser are you using?

Thanks,

Daniel

Thanks @Daniel Dekel

• I am on Windows 10 22H2 Build 19045.4170 as most of us are at the moment (hopefully not for long).
  • I am currently using Microsoft Edge for Business 123.0.2420.65 (the latest version).

Page Pinning issue - no longer an issue?

Regarding the page pinning issue, I duplicated the page I had the issue on and did a hard-refresh and strangely the hovering over the pin icon is working now on this duplicated page, even though I still have the page open where it wasn't working. I then hard-refreshed that page, and it is now working. Maybe I caught the sharp end of a glitch or maybe there was an issue related to the left navigation menu which resolved after I reordered it...

Prior to the UI change, my Service Management icon was at the top of the left navigation menu, but after the switch, it moved to the bottom, and I had only just noticed it. (I generally use my Alt+2 shortcut to jump to the request list anyway, so I didn't notice until this morning) So, I changed the ordering of the left navigation menu shortly before your message above. I wondered if that fixed my issue or something.

span in preview - no longer an issue?

Strange enough, this issue is no longer apparent now as well - the spans are displaying in preview with no problems at all.

I don't know what it is as both issues were apparent before I restarted my machine this morning, and afterwards...

I must have had an Agent Smith moment that Neo was eventually able to sort out (Matrix reference).

You may have heard of the elusive triple check; but I have achieved the  Ultimate, tredeciquintuple check : r/AnarchyChess

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi All,

I wanted to thank you for your comments and your support. I will lock this post as the new UI is no longer in preview and is getting too difficult to maintain multiple requests in one stream.

Please raise an individual post for your requests/issues. 

If you requested something in this post that has not been addressed yet, please raise it again in a new post please.

Regards,

Daniel

• Like 4