Preview new User Interface for Core UI

Daniel Dekel

Yes, if I navigate within the app, the "Requests" remain persistent. But as soon as I use any links (like Favourites) or anything in the Hornbill waffle menu (which opens another tab) to get to any locations, it reverts to the ones mentioned above with CoWorkers being the default choice

8 minutes ago, Berto2002 said:

But as soon as I use any links (like Favourites) or anything in the Hornbill waffle menu (which opens another tab) to get to any locations, it reverts to the ones mentioned above with CoWorkers being the default choice

That is how it has always behaved, turning off "Preview New UI" the search context remains the same within a Tab, and defaults to Co-Workers if you use the Waffle menu.

Regardless of what it was before with regards the defaults, we've got side-tracked: my original point was that by introducing the collapsible search feature, the new UI asks every user (that needs to alter the default search type on any given screen; which is most times) for one additional click (to expand the box).

Used to be 4 steps:

1. Click on drop-down
  2. Select Requests (or required type)
  3. Enter search term
  4. Press enter or click search

Now 5 steps (25% increase in required clicks):

1. Click to expand collapsed search feature - additional step
  2. Click on drop-down
  3. Select Requests (or other)
  4. Enter search term
  5. Press enter or click search

However, I'll leave it there with feedback given. The UI over-haul as a whole is an excellent improvement and Hornbill have been very responsive to concerns and suggestions. I should finish with a thanks for all that good work!

Hi @Berto2002 ,

Thanks for your feedback. What we can do to improve this is to save the state of the search. So it you left it opened it will stay opened when you open a new tab or start a new session. With some exceptions like when the screen is too small and there isn't enough space to show all in the same row, then we will close it.
I think that will work for people like you that want to see it all the time and for people that don't.

Regards,

Daniel.

I found a bug. If I try to filter organizations on a custom field which is a list, it previously opened a drop down where you could pick the value. The new UI looks like it uses some kind of lookup but fails to find anything of you enter the label instead of the value of the list post. Since the label is the only part that our analysts can see the lookup fails

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a 'New UI' question or an 'Asset Management' configuration question but some guidance would be appreciated please. We have been asked by our customers if it is possible for the 'Notes' field in the General Asset section (see screenshot below) can be made wider when editing and viewing, because if there are a lot of notes (there often is) it requires a lot of scrolling. Perhaps if it was possible to re-size the main ticket information in the new UI then fields could expand to fit the space rather than limited by field width? 

Thanks,

Art 

image.png.28e64804919dc1c5e8384b215c4c4305.png

On 08/12/2023 at 11:06, Paul Chambers said:

Happy Friday!
When using the new UI, when you now select Customers - Organisations 
No orgs are visible
If you End Preview, the orgs are then visible again.
Thanks

Hi @Paul Chambers,

Happy late Friday 🙂

I am guessing there is some error related to your specific data because we can't see any issues. Would you mind checking if there are any errors and send these to me?

This is how to do that:

1.  Go to some other view (any other than the organisations view) and make sure you are in the Preview UI.
  2. Press F-12 (if you are in Windows). That will open the "Chrome Developer Tool". 
  3. Navigate to the organisations view. Make sure you don't get any organisations so we can catch the error.
  4. In the Developer Tool, go to the "Console" tab.
  5. Right Click on the log and press "Save As"
  6. That will save a log file. Can you please send it to me via a private message ?

Hope that is clear. If not I'll help you further.

Thank you,

Daniel.

• Like 1

With dark mode on the new UI the request list has a blue background but also blue text in some parts like the Total number of requests, ticket reference, summary, owner and customer. However Raised On and Last Updated show up as white text which is a lot more readable. 

image.thumb.png.1d293c451c04aaa9ba1cc73ccafb81a1.png

My request would be that all the text would be white on a blue background (like when you open up a ticket) as this is much easier to read, or of course and option to customise this.

Thanks!

Fin

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 11:35, will.good said:

Hi,

When using DB Direct, if you Hide the Table List, the Clear Execute Query and Execute Selected Text do not fit to the site of the screen (if using a scaled window) meaning you have to scroll to the side of the results to run the query

This is the same when using the actual query text box when composing a new query / editing one.

image.png.69a4196659805f2a4f5cf52c5f297b4a.png

image.png.e32983a1d447d526bf805b25f7855ad4.png

Just checking to see if this has been resolved yet? Still seeing this behaviour in the preview UI

On 11/12/2023 at 14:21, Fizza said:

Also seem to have some visual issues with the new preview when trying to add new nodes in dark mode.

@Fizzathe problem has been resolved. Will be in our next build after the new year.

On 11/12/2023 at 13:28, Fizza said:

With dark mode on the new UI the request list has a blue background but also blue text in some parts like the Total number of requests

We'll look at this.

18 hours ago, will.good said:

When using DB Direct, if you Hide the Table List, the Clear Execute Query and Execute Selected Text do not fit to the site of the screen (if using a scaled window) meaning you have to scroll to the side of the results to run the query

Will look at this.

Regards,

Daniel.

I am really struggling with the new dark mode UI. I have attempted to use it on 3 different occasions and within an hour of using it I get a migraine. I believe this is due to the new colours. Normal dark mode products stick with greys, black and white. The blue background, bright Blue and white text is really difficult to focus on.  

image.png.9e8db79b8fefeff2ed17d27397997e93.png

For me this may mean I need to look at the high contrast mode however this currently is unreadable
image.png.f7c9ebedef3b3c3c4fab24f3bf43dfad.png

When reading emails from clicking on the source in the details:

image.thumb.png.6827494482148249d2946f6e923f1ea8.png

The email is then completely unreadable in dark mode:

image.png.840305c58c1c85c639d957e76df150dd.png

When reading it in the inbox, it is fully readable:

image.png.73f6dd4952aa98ad10ec1e12cb14527e.png

I look at the source quite a bit to get a better overview if an email thread is sent in to us, so this is quite annoying.

Note that in the old UI, this is not a problem:

image.thumb.png.90cd0f3bdfd7e2808a44828bcdbb44ba.png

On 08/01/2024 at 15:21, samwoo said:

Just wanted to report that [blockquote] Wiki Markup is not rendered in the new Preview UI

Hi @samwoo it works just fine. You've just entered all in one line. 

Should be:

[blockquote]
some quote here
[/blockquote]

Nothing changed in this case from the old UI 😉

• Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 11:14, Ruben said:

When reading emails from clicking on the source in the details

Hi @Ruben, Looks like the request itself is opening the old email viewer in the new UI. That's why it looks bad. We'll fix the issue.

Daniel.

Using the Apply to Email funtion

We delete all the unwanted Text, then go to the Attachments. 
As soon as click on delete all (for the attachments) all the text we had selected (e.g. Highlighted below) re-appear on the form.

The only way arond this is to delete the attachments 1st, then delete the Text.
image.thumb.png.b75868f2fc5b159114a3e25131b93571.png

Hi, I keep reverting back to the standard interface as I don't get on with the email section - apply to request and raise request are two of the most used functions for our team, and I know it will annoy them that they don't have a button along the top like we have now, and that they'll have to click the 3 dots and then select what they need from a drop-down list.

Will these two functions only be accessible via this method or are there plans to put them along the top again?  I may have missed this if it's already been addressed on here, apologies if that's the case.

image.png.a96be8b15af58e95fee9745788ea1681.png

22 hours ago, JanS2000 said:

Hi, I keep reverting back to the standard interface as I don't get on with the email section - apply to request and raise request are two of the most used functions for our team, and I know it will annoy them that they don't have a button along the top like we have now, and that they'll have to click the 3 dots and then select what they need from a drop-down list.

Will these two functions only be accessible via this method or are there plans to put them along the top again?  I may have missed this if it's already been addressed on here, apologies if that's the case.

Hello @JanS2000,

I understand the problem. We are looking in to a nice solution for this. Will let you know when is done.

Thanks,

Daniel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1