Early Adopter :-)

1 hour ago, Nick Brailsford said:

Hi Gerry, 

When would be a good time to have a look at this?

Nick 

Hi Nick,

Can I suggest when we have the initial preview of ITOM capabilities in place so we have some content within which to discuss?

Gerry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, 

I just wanted to post an update to let you know about our progress with ITOM, we are very close to releasing in preview to allow all those interested to learn more about ITOM and how we can help you automate and streamline your IT Operations.  I was hoping that we would have been ready this week but thats turned out not to be the case, a couple of other priorities needed our attention. I am on leave from next week until the end of August and we have others on leave to, so my intention is to open up the preview in September to you, this conveniently gives us some time to do a little polishing, we are hoping you will love what we have done so far as much as we do, we think there is huge potential here and we want to be there every step of the way to help make that happen. 

In summary, the early preview and current status look like this: -

• Site Integration Services are implemented, its a simple one-click deploy to your server(s) and forget, software updates are fully automatic and all managed from the Hornbill admin console. 
  • We have created the first version of our Package Creator, this UI tool lets you package up files, scripts and other such stuff for deployment and execution.  Once you have designed your package, you can publish ready for use in your instance, all simple point and click operations.
  • We have created an all-new Runbook creator/editor, just like our BPM and ProCap, its a graphical  tool to allow you to draw your automation flows, make decisions pass variables between processes and so on. As well as IT Automations you have Hornbill Automations and Cloud Automations. Our cloud automations cover numerous cloud platforms including Amazon and Microsoft so you can full manage all aspects of your cloud estate. 
  • We have created a new discovery tool, for computer discovery, including hardware specs, serial numbers, installed software and operating system options and network information, this automatically discovers and populates our Inventory database which allows you to automate any discovered device you choose as a managed device. 
  • A real time job queue allows you to monitor running jobs, view the status of previously run jobs and so on
  • A Job Scheduler, allows you to schedule one-off and periodic jobs and run books
  • We are currently building some baseline content (packages) to give you a quick-start to do common things like AD account creation, updates, password resets and so on, just like our commitments to build integrations in iBridge we are committing to create lots of content for ITOM over the coming months. 
  • While the main substance of the initial ITOM capability is now complete, we are doing a little polishing, ironing out the last few wrinkles. 

I will post another update in the first week in September to keep you all informed, so please watch this space.  I have added a couple of screenshots below to wet your appetite. 

Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 03.14.55.png

Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 03.15.15.png

Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 03.16.21.pngScreenshot 2019-08-08 at 03.16.51.png

Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 03.17.24.png

Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 03.19.49.png

Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 03.34.44.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guest Paul Alexander

@Gerry

This is excellent news.....we're very excited and chomping at the bit to see what's coming!  We have a lot of big ideas and plans about what might be possible, so roll on September! Good stuff.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All,

Just  quick update, I do want to keep you all informed.  We have reached a point where we are feature complete and are working through our testing/QA.  We are very happy with the initial feature set, but we are still working on establishing an automated test regime, we do not ye feel we have something that is robust enough to unleash into our customers environments, we are not far away but we want to be happy that we have good test coverage and good quality logging for when things do not work as expected.  In summary, we are close but not quite ready, it is a matter of weeks, I know I have been saying that, but it is honestly getting closer, we (I) just under-estimated the level of detail in this project, having worked in a single known environment (our cloud environment) for so long now, building software to work in any customer environment is quite a different thing, and something we had forgotten about to a large extent. Please bear with us, I know that you will like what we have built. 

Thanks,

Gerry

• Thanks 3

• 1 month later...