Preview UI

Alisha

Just a few things we have noticed with the new UI.

1. If there are 9 items in the HUD, the last item will get cut off.
  2. On the Timesheet, the clock positioning is slightly outside the box.
  3. In the Employee Portal, we have set the links to 'No Background'. However, in the new UI, there is a grey background.

HUD.png

Timesheet.png

IT Services EP Old UI.png

IT Services EP New UI.png

@Eugene the mini banner is a generic links widget. 

We paid an external party create these icons and banners based and it took a lot of time to get the dimensions right. We can't just have these changing. The page still has a whole bunch of differences. 

Current Page

image.thumb.png.5b7920bf9c13610a7ae1b5018972a9eb.png

image.thumb.png.0e2085704cefe6dc30e7d7cd6cdc20d4.png

Preview Page

image.thumb.png.dff3305809ebccceab12e74fe61583aa.png

image.thumb.png.b3fa5763898c0b343759f5d3d3252f05.png

I see the preview ends in 4 days. Can you confirm this means the preview goes and not that the preview will become live. We have only just gone live with this portal this week and to have it change even in such minor ways undoes a lot of the work and effort we have put in.

On 7/22/2021 at 6:07 PM, Dan Munns said:

Can we have some standard for font sizes? Seems to be 4 different font sizes on ticket view: 

image.thumb.png.6993abd32132d4e8fd3178093aa9ffe6.png

@Dan Munns we are working on a separate build of Service Manager and other apps that will include fixes and improvements to the app. It will be pushed to Live a short time we push Core to Live.

Regards,

Daniel.

On 7/23/2021 at 1:40 PM, Alisha said:

Just a few things we have noticed with the new UI.

3. In the Employee Portal, we have set the links to 'No Background'. However, in the new UI, there is a grey background.

HUD.png

Timesheet.png

IT Services EP Old UI.png

IT Services EP New UI.png

HI @Alisha,

1. It will be fixed in our next Preview release
    1. Will be fixed as part of our next Board Manager build
    1. The background colour is applied to the entire background of the tile. What you see here is part of our new design and it applies to the icon only using the same icon colour with some transparency.

Hope it makes sense,

Regards,

Daniel.

• Like 1

Just some feedback on the new preview UI - I notice that the GRC module is being shown on all our Users menu buttons but we would prefer other modules not to be advertised here ideally, and only show the modules we have purchased / active - is this possible please?

Thanks

image.png.b67e14624be05bc32866a3cda3b09ec5.png

• Like 3

I have noticed that if I click the image.png.ee811678cccb837018bef8323f9597e9.pngbutton in the dropdown that it resets the admin page to the top level on the first admin window that was opened with it. Even if that window is on a separate browser, rather than open a new one. Just lost a bit of work due to that.

Animation.thumb.gif.182213fc88064efd7cbf0f49743968c8.gif

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 4:51 PM, AndyHill said:

@Eugene the mini banner is a generic links widget. 

We paid an external party create these icons and banners based and it took a lot of time to get the dimensions right. We can't just have these changing. The page still has a whole bunch of differences. 

Current Page

image.thumb.png.5b7920bf9c13610a7ae1b5018972a9eb.png

image.thumb.png.0e2085704cefe6dc30e7d7cd6cdc20d4.png

Preview Page

image.thumb.png.dff3305809ebccceab12e74fe61583aa.png

image.thumb.png.b3fa5763898c0b343759f5d3d3252f05.png

I see the preview ends in 4 days. Can you confirm this means the preview goes and not that the preview will become live. We have only just gone live with this portal this week and to have it change even in such minor ways undoes a lot of the work and effort we have put in.

Hi @AndyHill,

There is a new update of Preview already with several fixes. Can you please have a look and see if there are still issues?

We are aware of the issue with the text in the footer not displaying and that will be fixed ASAP.

Please let me know if there are any other issues.

Regards,

Daniel.

3 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

I have noticed that if I click the image.png.ee811678cccb837018bef8323f9597e9.pngbutton in the dropdown that it resets the admin page to the top level on the first admin window that was opened with it. Even if that window is on a separate browser, rather than open a new one. Just lost a bit of work due to that.

Animation.thumb.gif.182213fc88064efd7cbf0f49743968c8.gif

Hi @Dan Munns,

I'm sorry for that but I can't replicate. What is that browser? I'm testing on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and it opens in a new tab.

Cheers,

Daniel.

1 hour ago, Daniel Dekel said:

Hi @Dan Munns,

I'm sorry for that but I can't replicate. What is that browser? I'm testing on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and it opens in a new tab.

Cheers,

Daniel.

It is Vivaldi. Chromium based. Guess it is just another Vivaldi-ism I will have to get used to lol

@Daniel Dekel have taken another look but it appears pretty much the same. Widgets have been stretched - custom (paid for) icons are squashed. 

Also on other pages the design looks different. 

OLD

image.png.ddaa5363a5e7478badecfc9e294d6ab2.png

NEW

image.png.86bfe13591dfcd9a11a534746183d08e.png

These may only seem like minor differences but as I have said we just went live and all our comms and presentations have the original design and this is very different. 

Can you please confirm this isn't going live in 2 days and when it does go live we can choose to turn it off?

12 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

It is Vivaldi. Chromium based. Guess it is just another Vivaldi-ism I will have to get used to lol

Yes @Dan Munns, Vivaldi must have some weird configuration to not to open in a new window because it works everywhere. Also the code behind is is pretty simple. I s a hyperlink with a target, so there's nothing that can go wrong here.

@AndyHill

Can you please confirm this isn't going live in 2 days and when it does go live we can choose to turn it off?

Unfortunately we cannot, this is a change that is global I am afraid.  We cannot leave individual instances on old code, the SaaS model does not work this way.  This is of course why we always preview changes like this to give customers a chance to adapt/adopt.  The vast majority of customers are seeing these changes as an improvement based on the feedback we have had so far.

In your images above I actually think the NEW looks a lot more balanced that the OLD, to my eye at least, but I do understand its very subjective.  What I can say is, if you can let us know which aspects of the new design that you would like to be able to change that you cannot currently change with the customisation options provided, we can consider extending the customisation options in the future to allow such changes. 

I hope that makes sense

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

I have replied to your message directly.

But to re-iterate there are still functional issues not resolved, such as information missing from the footer page.

All I am asking for is some time for this to be resolved and for my team to resolve the aesthetics.

Our reputation certainty will not be enhanced by 2500 customers landing on a SSP which looks corrupted.

Gary.

Hi Gary,

Please see my comments below in relation to the 5 points raised in the word document you sent me...

1. In relation to the line under the logo. I have reviewed this with the devs here, and it seems that the line we added was dealing with the fact that the showcase image we were using had an unintentional pure-white blend around the centre of the image, the designer addressed that by adding a line to cater for the image without giving any consideration to an image a customer might use where there was an intentional white space with no break.  I have instructed the devs to remove this line for now and this will be pushed to preview in the next 15 minutes.  Please confirm you see that?

2. In relation to information missing from the bottom banner, this was indeed a defect, has now been fixed and deployed to preview earlier today, it should be there right now - please confirm?

3. Icons squashed. We have been unable to re-create this, but from what it looks like, this is a simple mis-configuration.  We are assuming these blue boxes are actually images as opposed to the vector icons/text you can use natively, this would be better to use.  However, if you want to use an image you have the "option" to set both the width and height of these images. If you specify the width, then the height will be adjusted proportional to the width you set, and visa versa, if you specify the heigh and not the width, then the width will be proportionately adjusted based on the width.  If, as it appears to be in your case, you specify both the width and height of the image, then the image will be stretched to fit with the original aspect ratio ignored -  this is what we believe is what is happening on your configuration.  If you can go and remove either the width or height in the link widget configuration, your images will un-stretch.  We cannot change this behaviour as many customers would be impacted, so the fasted route to resolution here is for you guys to just go into the portal config page and correctly set the image size settings

4. Icons not centred.  This was identified as a defect, in fact, specifically, this is a defect where the top/bottom padding was not being applied in the case where the link items appeared as a single vertical column. This appears to be a bit of a blunder on our part, we should have seen that in testing, but I understand that has now been corrected and is now on preview.  Can you please confirm?

5. As best we can tell from the word document, this is a problem that existed, and was already fixed over a week ago. Can you please confirm this is no longer an issue on preview? 

"All I am asking for is some time for this to be resolved and for my team to resolve the aesthetics."  I understand and I hope the above gets us there, these issues should now all be resolved apart from the stretchy image issue.  If the stretchy image issue is still a defect then we need to know this sooner rather than later.  I cannot hold up the release pipeline for a single instance, which is why I have prioritised all of the above to be promoted to preview now. 

"Our reputation certainty will not be enhanced by 2500 customers landing on a SSP which looks corrupted." agreed, but I think we have an answer to that now above?

Gerry

@AndyHill

Thanks for the update, I am not sure why setting a single size did not make it work. Perhaps you will be kind enough to post one of your images here (and the sizes you had set) and someone in the dev team can try to re-produce the issue?  I would however encourage you not to use images here, because we have and are optimising the portal for mobile use, if you have images things will look really ugly on different mobile devices.  Its not clear to me why you have used images when you can just use the SVG icons that are available to you, they are the exact same icons that you have used in your image creation. 

With regards to the other four issues, mentioned above, can you confirm these are now resolved for you on Preview?

Thanks

Gerry

@Gerry yes the other issues are now resolved. Due to the change in icon size we have now had to turn off tiles on a number of our services because as tiles we have to scroll which defeats our aim of presenting everything on one screen. 

image.thumb.png.0b3418aaec00c8f650759a6ddf15733f.png

Is there a way you could provide the ability to edit the size of the tiles so we could return to 3 tiles fitting per box? If not could we have a way to control the height of the widgets as we now have a lot of white space. 

image.png.c3286229b26ac7590d820a6e0f95b4fb.png

In answer to your question about the images the SVG's provided are useful for all the above but for out main page we wanted two giant buttons and using the SVG's displays like below and therefore was not fit for purpose. 

image.png.c32a2b247da71ed6a282391e4d586aff.png

Hi,

Is there any way of changing the spacing on the Views as the one I had has now chopped off the last digit on our call numbers for Service Requests which makes it very confusing:

image.png.b313fe71a2f15f8a773f2ef45320a95f.png

There appears to be a large amount of space between these fields (Specifically the last updated field):image.png.07c04b1036993a2a4edf9b1b51e60837.png

Please can you let me know.

Thanks

Tina

@AndyHill

"Is there a way you could provide the ability to edit the size of the tiles so we could return to 3 tiles fitting per box?"

I will need to let our devs look at that. I expect the answer would be "not easily" as we are making this code fluid and reactive so you get a good end-user experience on mobile devices as well as in a browser.  Having fixed sizes of anything is a bad idea.

In terms of the image example you have given in relation to wanting giant buttons, thats actually a very helpful image that expresses perfectly what a number of customers has asked for, i will feed that back into the dev team and we will see what we can come up with.  Ultimately, using images is bad if you want your portal design to work on all device types, and it seems to me having this type of giant style button should be an option we could easily provide I feel. 

Anyway, I am glad all of the other issues are sorted for you, thank you for your feedback and patience. 

Gerry

Hi, Like @AndyHill we also are going to need to rev isit the portal design as our 3 icons are now showing with a scroll bar - something we worked hard to stay away from and present everything clearly on one screen.

image.thumb.png.29fa886633e5d595be11793b3762be67.png

I'm about to take a look at this but how so I change the height of these so the 3 icons all show again in the one box (or the 2 with a bit more description).

We only went live on the 5th July - not only have the icons changed (which I could live with) the scrolling is going to be an issue!

Thanks

• Like 1