Preview UI

Alisha

Just to note I had some Analysts who could not see this feature, and it turned out they still had previous Harry Hornbill Messages to acknowledge before getting to this new feature in the Harry Hornbill list and it becoming active, so might be this perhaps?

Thanks

@Daniel Dekel I don't know if this is the right place for Feedback on the Preview UI, eventually direct me to the right place.
From my early impression in my day-by-day tasks here is what I found:

1. Request list: there is a lot of spacing now, which helps to read it better, but in the previous view I had under control more data at a glance, in terms of columns I see an additional column (not a great difference but useful, this might be due to the new left bar) in terms of rows the new UI offers around 15 request the old about 21 rows.
2. I really use a lot the menu next to the icon which seems to have disappeared or better moved to the left bar
immagine.png.89fec0858d37a4c057697a5e086fc6a7.pngimmagine.png.cd37aa68116cf2fdfc55788855b96640.png

HI @Giuseppe Iannacone,

Thank you for giving us the feedback. 

1. Request list: there is a lot of spacing now, which helps to read it better, but in the previous view I had under control more data at a glance, in terms of columns I see an additional column (not a great difference but useful, this might be due to the new left bar) in terms of rows the new UI offers around 15 request the old about 21 rows.
    1. As soon as we release to Live the Preview we will release several builds for individual applications such as Service Manager to match the new style.
    2. In this particular case (table of requests list) it will be improved soon in our next preview build. Text will still be slightly bigger as we've increased from 12 to 14 pixels, but the space between rows will be smaller, so it will look much better.
  2. I really use a lot the menu next to the icon which seems to have disappeared or better moved to the left bar
    1. That's what we used to call the title menu. It was introduced back then because the main menu was too complicated to open the same options (too many clicks). Now you can simply get the same menu by clicking on the menu option. So there is no need to duplicate the functionality anymore.
  3. Regarding the dark mode, yes, there are still issues in some application and we will look in to that too.

Thanks again,

Daniel.

image.png

Guest Paul Alexander
On 7/14/2021 at 7:42 AM, Giuseppe Iannacone said:

immagine.png.89fec0858d37a4c057697a5e086fc6a7.pngimmagine.png.cd37aa68116cf2fdfc55788855b96640.png

This is something that we use a LOT and would really like this functionality to still be available in the new 'style' please. 

I understand that you've said that there's 'no reason to duplicate the functionality' but we'd really miss this if it was to be removed......

Hi.

Well... I think I can past this request here. :)

I have several colleagues asking if the requests list summary can be larger. The current summary appears larger than the new one. It could not be that much larger, but it makes difference when looking to a requests list with several requests where the summary is similar.

Thanks

image.png.1de255b74794750aab68680ffe569b07.png

Guest Eugene
On 7/15/2021 at 2:23 PM, Paul Alexander said:

This is something that we use a LOT and would really like this functionality to still be available in the new 'style' please. 

I understand that you've said that there's 'no reason to duplicate the functionality' but we'd really miss this if it was to be removed......

Hi @Paul Alexander,

In the old UI, app navigation was hidden in the dropdown menu. For an easy access we had it duplicated in the application itself on page title line. In the new UI we made primary navigation more accessible and easier to use by moving it to the left sidebar, this solution allowed us to remove duplicated navigation and display multiple levels in one place. That title line navigation is simply not needed anymore and adding it back would require additional maintenance in the future.

Thanks

Guest Eugene
On 7/15/2021 at 5:21 PM, Alberto M said:

Hi.

Well... I think I can past this request here. :)

I have several colleagues asking if the requests list summary can be larger. The current summary appears larger than the new one. It could not be that much larger, but it makes difference when looking to a requests list with several requests where the summary is similar.

Thanks

image.png.1de255b74794750aab68680ffe569b07.png

Hi @Alberto M,

Yes, we are working on global table styles now and some default configuration changes. And column widths adjustment is in our list.

Thanks

Just went live with our new Employee Portal today and it looks great until you turn on preview mode at which point all the dimensions appear to change.

New portal - not in preview mode. 

image.thumb.png.ec072c6bc12e18463bc83d0389db90c9.png

New portal - in preview mode.

Top banner has changed height. New grey bars. Mini bar now has a scroll bar. Icon images now cropped. 

image.thumb.png.a224aeea5ddf9698c030ad8247bbb638.png

Can these issues be addressed. It took a long time to get all the dimensions right on the new portal and its rather annoying that they don't care across to the preview. 

Also can i disable the ability for non analysts to use preview mode?

Guest Eugene
On 7/19/2021 at 10:17 AM, AndyHill said:

Just went live with our new Employee Portal today and it looks great until you turn on preview mode at which point all the dimensions appear to change.

New portal - not in preview mode. 

image.thumb.png.ec072c6bc12e18463bc83d0389db90c9.png

New portal - in preview mode.

Top banner has changed height. New grey bars. Mini bar now has a scroll bar. Icon images now cropped. 

image.thumb.png.a224aeea5ddf9698c030ad8247bbb638.png

Can these issues be addressed. It took a long time to get all the dimensions right on the new portal and its rather annoying that they don't care across to the preview. 

Also can i disable the ability for non analysts to use preview mode?

Hi @AndyHill,

These issues have been fixed now, but for proper testing we need to know what widget you are using for "Your FAQs Answered" banner. Can you please check?

Thanks