Preview UI

Alisha

18 hours ago, Jeremy said:

also with some of our colours the links are not showing correctly, the link colour is not being honoured

image.png.f29c003950fb42625adac39ac483acb0.png

It seems to take this from the global setting for the portal, where previously it took the settings from the widget.

Hi @Jeremy,

Yes, I can now see that the colours of the title should be using the Title Colour and not the Links colour as it is now. 

We'll correct this for our next build,

Regards,

Daniel.

• Thanks 1

Dear Hornbill, very few negative comments about the UI from our side but:

The new ultra-narrow scroll bars on the side and bottom of the screen are causing me massive frustration! The new UI may be prettier but it's introduced a permanent productivity hit and exasperation for regular users.

Scroll bars are used all the time and many of us have large and high res monitors. Trying to guide the mouse reliably onto those narrow bars first time when you're working hard and fast is now hard to do. It's now like target practice and the penalty for missing is that the application does something you don't want because you click a function or something else when you're just trying to move the screen.

The standard width bars were MUCH BETTER, please please please bring them back; or give us an option to make them wider again

image.thumb.png.c714030212f12508ef3af325c9e860de.png

Guest Paul Alexander

13 minutes ago, Tina.Lapere said:

I've noticed that it's cutting words in half in the questions section now.  Here is one example:

@Tina.Lapere this was reported in Service Manager a couple of weeks ago - but, at the time the Employee Portal looked ok. Certainly looks like a similar problem....

On 7/28/2021 at 10:55 AM, Ehsan said:

Hi Tina,

The issue with the missing digit within the Reference attribute will be addressed in the Service Manager build that is planned to go live on Monday.

Ehsan

@Ehsan just discovered that when copying and pasting reference out of Service Manager the last digit is not being included even when its clearly selected and the point of copying. 

Guest Ehsan
3 hours ago, AndyHill said:

@Ehsan just discovered that when copying and pasting reference out of Service Manager the last digit is not being included even when its clearly selected and the point of copying. 

@AndyHill,

There is a Service Manager release planned for Wednesday, it contains UI improvements in the application inline with the new Hornbill look & feel. Could you please check again on Wednesday to verify whether you are still experiencing this issue?

Ehsan

17 hours ago, AndyHill said:

@Ehsan will the new release also address layout issues such as the massive amount of white space now on the bulletin widget?

image.png.7de9d2ce232403f316298913155ad324.png

Its not simply the image as the 'Show more....' is also showing very high up.

Hi @AndyHill,

We are aware of this issue and working already on the fix.

Regards,

Daniel.

17 hours ago, sprasad said:

Hello @sprasad,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. That is great!

We'll review the document you've sent but for now I wanted to let you know that in the next few days there will be a new Service Manager build with many improvements and fixes.

Regards,

Daniel.

Guest Ehsan
18 hours ago, sprasad said:

@sprasad Thank you for collating the feedback, this is really valuable to us.

The next Service Manager release will see improvements to the Update and Change Customer action tabs, as reported in the document.

We will review the following:

• You have to scroll to find the Send button in the email action tab.
  • The saved reports are reportedly not visible in the Service Manager > Reports menu.

Regarding the feedback from Jost, I believe he is referring to a custom button. The "Service Manager" text on the custom button in question can be removed via the Custom Buttons pop-up by clicking on the Cog.

The other feedback around the general UI (scrollbars, white space, location of menus) provided mainly relates to the framework, which will have to be reviewed by our product designers.

These two feature requests can be raised in the Platform thread:

• Notifications - Descending/ascending order option within the notifications pop-up - I believe this has been raised in the past, this request will not be considered.
  • Global Search - Results are shown by relevance rather than date

Thanks,

Ehsan

@Ehsan @sprasad @Daniel Dekel

I wanted to pickup on one of these points, specifically "Notifications - Descending/ascending order option within the notifications pop-up" and I will refer back to numerous prior discussions and explanations of this point, which I think describes very well why we will not be implementing this. 

@sprasad You mentioned specifically in the feedback document a couple of points I wanted to respond to directly. 

The Bell notifications are only visible in the order of latest first. It would be very useful to have a sort toggle between ascending order and descending order. This has been raised on the forum but appears to not be considered important enough

I want to say that this has nothing to do with being "important enough", I have responded a number of times to this same request and explained that this is not something we would be changing, we are not going to adapt a generalised notification system into a call request work list.  We take every request for change/enhancement seriously, but we also have a responsibility to all customers and their needs.  As I have previously stated on this topic, if you want a chronologically sortable priority list of things you need to do, the notifications popup is not the place to do this, this is what the request list is for. It would be better to perhaps think about why you tend to gravitate towards the notification popup list instead of the request list for your workflows, perhaps from that we can find improvements to the request list. 

You also stated..

Personally, the existing appearance works just fine and development time has been spent unnecessarily and could have been put to much better user. 

I can understand your perspective, but I have to tell you, thats not what the majority of people who were using Hornbill would tell you.  The previous UI was dated and of its time, and had many usability issues, these needed to be addressed.  Beyond that point, we also have a strategic roadmap which requires us to "keep up with fashion", we have plans to make many changes/improvements all of which require such navigation changes.  The previous experience worked fine, in the same way as "at the time" the Windows 3.1 style worked fine, as did the DOS experience before it, but technology, fashion and ultimately demands from users move on, which is why we had (sometimes thrust upon us) Windows 7, 8, XP, Vista, 10 and soon 11, things have to move on, even if not everyone loves every step along the way (we all remember Vista right), I very much doubt anyone who is using Windows 10 today would be happy going back to Windows 3.1. 

As a vendor we have two choices when it comes to revolution over evolution, we can either a) leave existing customers where they are and release new major versions with breaking changes etc, and impose a "migration" exercise on each customer as we go, or b) we adopt a Continuous Delivery model and we bring our customers through the evolution/revolution cycles with us. Back in the days of Supportworks we did the former, as was common with On-Prem software solutions of the day, but with Hornbill we adopted the latter, and its been very successful for us, adoption rates are 10x higher with Hornbill Service Manager than they ever were with Supportworks and this is largely due to the fact that customer do not have to upgrade/own the technology and are happy to be on the journey. Of course not everyone will love every change, but I would hope that the overall solution still delivers. A continuous delivery model only works if a) we focus on things that are generically useful to all customers, and b) our customers allow us to deploy on a CD basis. I appreciate your judgement that our development efforts could be put to "much better use" and I think if you were the only user we had to satisfy, that would be 100% correct, but we have a diverse range of use cases, in a broad range of companies all have specific needs, and our focus has to be on that bigger picture. 

Gerry

7 hours ago, Jeremy said:

The update that has been released has that hit live systems yet?

Hi Jeremy,

There are a couple of different areas being discussed above.  I can tell you that the latest Service Manager update has just been released and it will be applied during your next scheduled maintenance window, which should be after midnight tonight.

Regards,

James