Preview UI

Alisha

Has anyone logged this one? It looks like edits and changes in the Service Portfolio have been effectively disabled.

@Daniel Dekel how do I get the latest build you indicated and was this issue supposed to be covered?

When I click to edit the Service in the Service Portfolio, it gives me this. In other words, I cannot edit a Service at all...

image.thumb.png.4fbc1041483c4c8aa14fe1f7ebe840b6.png

And then creating a new service doesn't work either:

There is a Close button which doesn't work and no Save button.

image.thumb.png.e468f961fbc684a9ad3d6d74558836bb.png

I need to make these changes on a regular basis.

Hi @Berto2002

I've just been trying to recreate.  Can you confirm whether you opened the links to the service or new service view via the Service Portfolio list or did you access the links directly? Also would just confirm that you have cleared cache etc in case there is an issue with the page loading following this morning's update.

Kind Regards,

Dave.

@David Hall. After clearing all my browser cache I confirm I was able to edit a service and create a service so the issue above is a non-issue. I am sorry to put the cat among the pigeons. But need we tell all our users each time there is a release to do this, example?

I do not seem to be able to attach the Corporate Service Level to the Service. I have no experience of this action to date so cannot tell if this is a new issue or not.

The Link button is inactive and the text cannot be edited.

image.thumb.png.a531333789be125f3274364d5267a92e.png

Hi @Berto2002

Glad the issue has corrected itself after a cache clear. 

Regarding the linking of corporate SLAs, typing into the field should provide you with a filtered list of corporate SLAs that you have configured within the service portfolio so it should filter and display results from the list shown under the Service Portfolio View -> "Service Level Agreements" tab.  Once you have an SLA selected the link button will be active.

Kind regards,

Dave

Hi,

I noticed the update yesterday included this:

image.png.d50c790a9be9b1ca8cf2e2bf261bb7c4.png

Can I check if there is any further work on this as I still have to scroll in this section (where it was setup to fit in one window when we went live last month)

image.png.e34de4e29ffc70308d82015255ef2ff2.png

If not then I'm going to have to re-think the design of this whole page as the idea was to have everything visible to the customer without having to scroll - which isn't the case since the new UI went live.

Thanks

@Daniel Dekel I've tried to have a look at the design on my page and discovered that if I recreate the exact same links setup as the one I refer to above but put it on the second line it displays without a scroll bar:

image.thumb.png.79c1d9c41f7dc6dae0761969718c3068.png

However as soon as I move it to the top area it adds the scroll bar.  I've even tried moving the <Back link so it's above all the options and made it full width (so it pushes everything down a little) and it still keeps the scroll bar within the links.

Can you please advise why this might be as I really need to remove the scroll bar but need them to appear on the top.  

Thanks

Tina

On 7/14/2021 at 8:42 AM, Giuseppe Iannacone said:

@Daniel Dekel I don't know if this is the right place for Feedback on the Preview UI, eventually direct me to the right place.
From my early impression in my day-by-day tasks here is what I found:

1. Request list: there is a lot of spacing now, which helps to read it better, but in the previous view I had under control more data at a glance, in terms of columns I see an additional column (not a great difference but useful, this might be due to the new left bar) in terms of rows the new UI offers around 15 request the old about 21 rows.
2. I really use a lot the menu next to the icon which seems to have disappeared or better moved to the left bar
immagine.png.89fec0858d37a4c057697a5e086fc6a7.pngimmagine.png.cd37aa68116cf2fdfc55788855b96640.png

In regard to the second point, I've tried the mobile version... with the new UI the favorite tab is missing...
so this for people like me that is using the request list back and forth to a request is a "waste" of time, this is not a complain but a suggestion.
Don't blame on me, I understand such a change has always an impact and we should look at the whole picture (your roadmap of improvements which I appreciate, since 2017 when we joined Hornbill :))but i would like to have at least the favorite tab:

20210806_115917000_iOS.thumb.png.7e98ddb550be9d4c762bdde00f7f76ae.png

On 8/5/2021 at 1:44 PM, Tina.Lapere said:

Hi,

I noticed the update yesterday included this:

image.png.d50c790a9be9b1ca8cf2e2bf261bb7c4.png

Can I check if there is any further work on this as I still have to scroll in this section (where it was setup to fit in one window when we went live last month)

image.png.e34de4e29ffc70308d82015255ef2ff2.png

If not then I'm going to have to re-think the design of this whole page as the idea was to have everything visible to the customer without having to scroll - which isn't the case since the new UI went live.

Thanks

Hi @Tina.Lapere,

A few things... first there is a difference in the layout between rows in the top, middle and last. The first and last are more flexible and can take as much space as needed. The middle one is fixed. 

But, as from our next build (this week) we will be introducing a new option to the widgets named "Use Content Height". That will force the widget to use whatever height is needed depending on the content. So, no fixed height. I believe this will solve the problems you have with the scrollbars.

You will need to turn this ON per widget as the default is OFF.

Regards,

Daniel.

image.png

On 8/6/2021 at 3:10 PM, Giuseppe Iannacone said:

In regard to the second point, I've tried the mobile version... with the new UI the favorite tab is missing...
so this for people like me that is using the request list back and forth to a request is a "waste" of time, this is not a complain but a suggestion.
Don't blame on me, I understand such a change has always an impact and we should look at the whole picture (your roadmap of improvements which I appreciate, since 2017 when we joined Hornbill :))but i would like to have at least the favorite tab:

20210806_115917000_iOS.thumb.png.7e98ddb550be9d4c762bdde00f7f76ae.png

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone,

We are aware of the fact that the favourites are not displayed for mobile. It will be soon in our next few builds ;-)

Regards,

Daniel.

On 8/5/2021 at 1:02 PM, Jeremy said:

@Daniel Dekel no the update doesn't seem to be working for us...

image.png.22badb3326f3fa76adb60a08040ff163.png

Hi @Jeremy,

I can see the issue still persists when the "Display as Tiles" is seto to false. We'll fix this and make sure to push it in our 2nd next build. We have already one ready to go early this week.

Regards,

Daniel.

• Thanks 1

@Daniel Dekel 

22 hours ago, Daniel Dekel said:

But, as from our next build (this week) we will be introducing a new option to the widgets named "Use Content Height". That will force the widget to use whatever height is needed depending on the content. So, no fixed height. I believe this will solve the problems you have with the scrollbars.

You will need to turn this ON per widget as the default is OFF.

OK thanks for the update.  Can I check if applied to one on the line it will expand the others to match or will it just expand the one it's applied to?

So to clarify what I mean this is our page as it stands:

image.thumb.png.b2b3e2b8f33d22a808a94b3784660f08.png

If I turn the new feature on for the 3rd links widget will the others stay as they are and the 3rd one get longer or will they all get longer too?  Also if it uses 'whatever height is needed depending on the content' might the boxes shrink?

I'm trying to work out if these boxes might end up being all different sizes.

Thanks

Tina

Hi @Tina.Lapere,

Here is an example (sorry for the ugly colours) where the 1st and 3rd has the flag turned ON. You can see that the first widget has a lot of content and therefore it will expand. Since the last one has the flag ON, it will expand to match the 1st one. But the 2nd one does not have the flag and it stays the same.

I think it will work for you either way you want to display it. If you want all the widgets to have the same height, flag all of them in that row.

Regards,

Daniel.

image.png

• Like 1

New bug report:
[Browser] Microsoft Edge Chromium (latest version)

I have just noticed something... if you create a new blank page with just a links widget within, set to display as tiles, the tiles are joined edge to edge and doesn't look pleasant:
image.thumb.png.a88ac1c0b19c00c8e0ac1dcf78af8b28.png

If you add another widget above or below it, then the tiles are spaced out as normal
image.thumb.png.81d8fb3d9fc9d232da937b27436bc5c5.png

Hello again,

Another issue spotted... the Request Reference is no longer visible:
image.thumb.png.cfbc9a32259f3940e908bd33eee44902.png
I'm using a 1920 x 1080 monitor at 100% zoom, and I really really miss having the Request Number visible next to the Request Type icon.

The request reference becomes visible at 150% + zoom though.
image.thumb.png.7ff7b4842d8233bed15d891f2f987b17.png

I think this is due to the sizing of the Custom Buttons at the top of the request as the Incident requests has less buttons that the SR. I think the buttons should take over their own row and resize to 100% width of the container, leaving the Raise New and the 3 dots at the top left, maybe something like this. Just a thought.
image.thumb.png.053347f81cc06594a74a09a4731896a8.png

Thanks

@samwoo

The problem is there is no perfect answer here to layouts, we either put the buttons on a separate row, or not,  and in this case we opted not to to save vertical space.  Knowing that the buttons can wrap / exceed the size of the screens, to some degree it is incumbent on you to be sensible with the number of buttons and size of the text on each button to ensure that in most use cases you will not see this problem.  What we should do beyond that is limit the number of buttons and post that limit provide a "more" dropdown.  The reason we do not do that is we would then start to add the complexity of having to order/prioritise, adapt for mobile and so on.  We will look at other options, but our very best option at the moment that is universally applicable is to suggest applying common sense to the number and sizes of buttons you create
Gerry

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Gerry that makes total sense - in fact adding more vertical items really does mean more scrolling so I should've thought about that when I posted my idea.  The more button would be a good addition.

The other thought I had was to allow us to create a menu(s) using one or more custom buttons to group things under, keeping each menu item using the same functionality as the Custom Buttons, but this is probably more complicated than it needs to be.

Many thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1

@samwoo There is also the Tool Tip option.  You could remove the text from each icon and simply have it display the tool tip with the same text.  I often find that the text only adds value the first few times that the user sees or uses the button.  After that they just become familiar with the icon and permanently showing the text isn't always needed.  image.png

• Thanks 1

Guest Paul Alexander
On 7/16/2021 at 5:17 PM, Eugene said:
On 7/15/2021 at 1:23 PM, Paul Alexander said:

This is something that we use a LOT and would really like this functionality to still be available in the new 'style' please. 

I understand that you've said that there's 'no reason to duplicate the functionality' but we'd really miss this if it was to be removed......

Expand  

Hi @Paul Alexander,

In the old UI, app navigation was hidden in the dropdown menu. For an easy access we had it duplicated in the application itself on page title line. In the new UI we made primary navigation more accessible and easier to use by moving it to the left sidebar, this solution allowed us to remove duplicated navigation and display multiple levels in one place. That title line navigation is simply not needed anymore and adding it back would require additional maintenance in the future.

Just going to bring this up ONE more time..... sorry, but I'm really missing the title line navigation options, particularly in the Assets management screens. 

I used to be able to get to most of the Asset Management options from each Asset Management screen by clicking the (now defunct) drop down arrow from the Assets title:

image.png.46683cab2fe7c7c724bbce79e2471435.png

But now I have to go Service manager, then Asset Management and THEN navigate to the specific 'bit' that I want. 

image.png.eccda4919ee5c710fb3c20ab166452f4.png

Yes, I've added Asset Management as a favourite, but it's still more clicks than is necessary. And it means that my poor brain has to move out of Asset Management mode and back in to Service manager mode and then back in to Asset Management mode once I've remembered what to click and where! It doesn't flow like it used to...

image.png