Assets Auto Tasks and differing on Linked Assets

Jim

Hi, 

Is it possible to update an asset such as the status using a custom button? it seems the only nodes available are based on the requests and not just of an asset alone. The auto tasks are set to asset. Also when multiple assets are linked to a request, is there any way to differentiate the linked assets? For example when a device is initially linked to a request it is due to have an issue with it, when we replace it we would link the new asset to the request. Within the process I would like to update the status of the old device to something such 'with engineer' and the replacement device to be updated to 'with user'. Is this possible at all?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to go with the short answer of "No" here.

We are aware of the limitations and there are a number of potential enhancements on a list but we have nothing to share at this point regarding what functionality may be added and even less about timescales.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been asked to look at making the addition of an asset mandatory for all requests.

As part of this a point has been raised that we already know the asset given the service selected or capture options picked and with that being the case I was looking to see if the workflow can add the asset automatically in those instances.

I was also considering creating an autotask to link the most frequently used assets to a request.

This would be especially useful as today as a consequence of a major incident there have been approaching 100 incidents raised against a specific software asset and I would like the ability to link that asset to each of the requests in one action rather than 100.

I can see how to link an asset within a request itself however linking an asset from the Workflow doesn't seem to be an option or am I overlooking this option?

Note that the users are not the owners of the asset, only users.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Good afternoon,

We would like to link specific assets in the workflow, based on the summary or answers in the capture. It would be helpful to have this in an Auto Task. Please could this be considered as an enhancement?

Many thanks,
Alisha