Service no longer visible to Service Desk

Mike Hillman

We've come in this morning to find that one of our Services is no longer visible to the Service Desk team

We have a service which is only for use by our Service Desk Team - it's set up with all users as subscribers (as tickets/requests will be logged against customers), but Portal Visibility is set to hidden, as I don't want it available on the portal for everyone to see. It is however available to the SD team when they raise a ticket from within Service Manager

This morning though it's now gone missing for the SD team - the only way I can get it to reappear in the Services list for them is to change the Portal setting to visible, but this obviously also puts the Service on the portal front page for everyone, which I don't want.

I have set the individual Catalog items within the Service to Service Desk only (rather than Portal or Both), but I still don't want the service showing at all on the Portal 

Is anyone able to shed any light on the issue? The issue has only occurred since the last Service Manager Update, so I'm guessing it's related as nothing else has been changed

1 minute ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

+1 for my Users as well, we have a specific Internal Services that our Service desk use for quick logs and this is missing for all Users, myself included

Thanks

That's exactly what we use this service for as well, quicklogging - if you turn portal visibility on in the Service setup it will come back for you, but it will also appear on the portal which is no good as anyone can then access it!

Definitely feeling that this is related to the Service Manager update

• Like 1

Unfortunately although the patch did correct one of the issues there were further issues discovered here that needed to be addressed.  Therefore a fix is being rolled out now and should be deployed to all shortly.