Background color for requests based on priority in request list view

lomixture

All,

I think I have raised something similar before - but the issue has moved on, and our staff are continuing to complain about the request list set up.

The main gripes are:

• The difference in colour between a new job and an on-hold job is too slight, the light blue makes it difficult to differentiate
  • The yellow changes in brightness depending on the screen you are viewing it
  • The high priority jobs get lost amongst the masses

A number have asked if we are able to change the colourings on the request list ourselves, and I am not sure. Is this something we can do? If we could change the bar colours that would be amazing, but they would also like the type to show in red for High Priority calls. Again, is this something we could do?

I feel as though @James Ainsworth said he would take this to the developers, but I can't find the original thread on my profile page!

Thank you, I look forward to a response.

cc @Gemma Morrison

image.thumb.png.7a516e8023eae71d5551ff0bcd5ca158.png

There is already an existing feature that lets you change the colour of the requests that have updates that have not been seen by the owner (default is yellow).  @lokent you mentioned that the colour difference between new (unread by owner) and on-hold requests is too slight.  Would changing the colour of the unread items be enough to make this differentiation? 

This is set within Administration under Home->Hornbill Service Manager-> Application Settings

image.png

Having different colours available for the different priorities is being managed in a different post.  We already have a change in our backlog to look at how we can provide these colour options.  

Regards,

James

• 1 month later...
  • Victor changed the title to Background color for requests based on priority in request list view
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are nearing completion of some work which will provide options for setting some colours for the different priorities.  We are hoping that this will be available in an upcoming Service Manager update over the next few weeks.   I'll put a final post here once it is available. 

image.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,

James

• Like 2

@James Ainsworth

SM Build 1408 mentions the ability to colour code priorities change, but there is no reference to whether this will work for Service Levels, which in essence replaces priorities when using the newer Service Level Management feature. Is there a change to provide the same capability for Service Level?

Cheers

Martyn