Request Search - Historic Updates not included

Martyn Houghton

Hi Keith,

Yes, it would have been great to have had the search for you.  However, it is really important that we get it right.  As far as the custom statuses, this is in testing at the moment and hasn't reached an update as of yet.  It is close, but not quite ready for the live environment.  

Regards,

James

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Although I appreciate the move from ticket subject search to full ticket description body/timeline search is a big processing/indexing jump, need to plan computational impact to not degrade existing services etc, are there not other ways we can perform free text searches on the back end?

Although I'd like to be able to perform free text searches I'm not sure this is something that can be rolled out to all users, we often have a need to search for a particular registration number, or serial number, or other unique(ish) bits of text, across all tickets, to establish if something has already been reported.  It's not practical to include all such unique identifiers in the subject or under custom fields and some way of searching all ticket content is sorely required.

The current agent search function is extremely limited, the most limited I've seen on such a large system, I had presumed there was a full search feature I was missing.  This has been a widely requested feature for a number of years and its usefulness should be apparent, especially apparent when people have moved from other systems which included it (e.g. Supportworks).

i don't believe the earlier post about searching through old calls in Supportworks is a separate thing relating to migrations, just that they were resorting to that due to the lack of search function in Service Manager. 

If you could give us a clue how you're getting on deploying the improved to the general population but in general how else we might be able to perform full searches on the back end?

Thanks very much,

Kind regards,

Oscar

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@James Ainsworth @Steven Boardman

Is there any update or strategy to provide free text searching for the historic updates and timeline text in the Service Manager app, as this is continuing to cause an issue with the current users of the system and proving a barrier to us rolling the platform out to other service desks within our organisation. 

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton Thanks for baring with us on both of these requirements, we do appreciate these are important.

We have been working on approaches to provide searching of posts and comments on request timeline entries and historical updates over the last few months.   It is a balancing act between providing these types of searches and managing impact on performance.

Completing the development work is close.  We will then need to go through load and stress testing to ensure the approach scales. 

I can say this is one of the active developments we are working on and hopefully you won't have to wait to much longer for these capabilities to be available.

Thanks

Steve

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I just wanted to update this post to let everyone know that the ability to search Historic Updates from the Global Search is now available.  Historic Updates represent imported requests from other tools where the updates on these imported requests are not held in the timeline.  If Historic Updates existing on your instance then an option within the Global Search's Search Tools is made available for you to search these updates.

image.png

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...