Insights 19 - BPM Masterclass - Additional Resource Material

Bob Dickinson

Insights19 Additional Resource Material for the “Masterclass in Business Process Design and Automation” presentation

Following on from the pratical component of this presentation at Insights19, a few delegates have asked if we could make some of the example workflow available for download so they could upload to their instance and test themselves. This forum post has those workflows attached, as well as some additional information around the topics discussed. 

Admin BPM Design Functionality
(Wiki Info: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Business_Process_Designer)

• Snap to Grid
    • To turn on Snap to Grid permanently, please turn on the following system setting in Admin --> Collaboration --> Settings --> admin.feature.workflow.showworkflowcanvasgrid
  • Stage Templates
  • Replace node
  • Add node between connected nodes
  • Stage Notes
  • BPM Category
  • BPM Security Controls
    • To enable BPM Security Controls, please turn on the following system setting in Admin --> System --> Settings --> Advanced --> security.bpm_access_controls.enabled

Progressive Capture
(Wiki Info: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Progressive_Capture_Designer)

• Session variables for use in questions. The session variables available, and their correct format to use, are as follows:
    • {{user.fName}}
    • {{user.lName}}
    • {{user.accountRefUrn}}
    • {{user.currentTimeZoneOffset}}
    • {{user.userId}}
    • {{user.userName}}
    • {{user.jobTitle}}
    • {{user.mobile}}
    • {{user.email}}
    • {{user.telephone}}
  • Conditional Fields

Service Request Process Features

Incident Process Fetaures

Other discussion points

• Question from a delegate: "Can we view all of the existing Services and their linked Catalog Items, Progressive Captures and Business Processes?"
    • Yes, we have a useful report you can upload to your instance which provides exactly this info. I've attached it to this post named Active Services Report - download, and navigate to Admin --> Service Manager --> Reports --> Create a new report --> Click the Green Icon to upload the file --> Save the report .

Active Services Report.txt Insights Progressive Capture.pcf.txt Insights Service Request Business Process.txt Insights Incident Business Process.txt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• Victor pinned and featured this topic
21 minutes ago, Ann-MarieHolloway said:

However, when I attempt to click on the Wiki links I receive the message "

Progressive Capture Designer)

There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs, but you do not have permission to create this page.

I'm sorry about that @Ann-MarieHolloway

I've just updated all of the links in the post. Let me know if you have any more issues.

Kind regards

Bob

Top tip - any time you get that error on the wiki and you notice that the page name ends in a ')' just delete the ')' and you'll more than likely get the right page - it's normally due the the forum trying to be too clever and incorrectly guessing what's part of the URL!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Bob Dickinson,

Do you by any chance have a report which has a list of "Companies"/"Groups" on the left column, and which "Services" they are subscribed to on the right column? 

It should also include "Companies"/"Groups" and Services which has no subscribers (open to all), and should only show for Services with a Catalog Status and is not hidden from the Portal.

I have attempted such thing for an hour and gave up not being able to get it worker.  The logic part of my brain isn't working very well today 

Thanks,

Samuel

ps. Is there an area where we can all share / collaborate on useful Service Manager reports?

• Like 1

In addition to my post above @Bob Dickinson, just wanted to let you know that I cannot parse the following definition files from your first post
image.png.f43e169a9f0986cf0d1595e9089f5ca3.png

image.png.7d4d83701c64feeab34eaee68543e7f5.png

The first one was OK though.

Thanks,

Samuel

On 7/10/2019 at 1:02 PM, Jeremy said:

@Bob Dickinson this doesn't seem to work for us? But we have details in the users profiles....

image.png.726e1e2528c306b382556cd87f6bbb58.png

Hi @Jeremy

Unfortunately I have found out today that the {{user.telephone}} option has not actually been added as a variable as I originally expected. I have asked for this to be added but I cannot give you a timeframe at present here. Also Department is not currently available. 

Apologies for the confusion here

Kind Regards

Bob

2 hours ago, samwoo said:

Hi @Bob Dickinson,

Do you by any chance have a report which has a list of "Companies"/"Groups" on the left column, and which "Services" they are subscribed to on the right column? 

It should also include "Companies"/"Groups" and Services which has no subscribers (open to all), and should only show for Services with a Catalog Status and is not hidden from the Portal.

I have attempted such thing for an hour and gave up not being able to get it worker.  The logic part of my brain isn't working very well today 

Thanks,

Samuel

ps. Is there an area where we can all share / collaborate on useful Service Manager reports?

Hi @samwoo

This request is probably better suited in the Reporting area of the forum - we don't have a single repository as such, but its a useful place to search for others who have made reporting requests. 

In regards to you request, can I ask the specific coponents you mean by "Companies/Groups"? Are these exteral organisations? Or Companies/Departments/Divisions/Teams etc?

And in regards to the errors - I have just tried them, and they appear to be working when I upload them (just to confirm, the 3 you have highlighted are not actually reports, but workflow definitions so will only work if uploading in the relevant Business Process or Progressive Capture screen). If this is an issue, can you provide the steps you are taking to upload?

Kind Regards

Bob

@samwoo

I've had a go at a report based on what I think you have requested above - you can remove the columns where you see fit. 

If you have any questions about this, please could you start a new thread in the Reporting workspace and tag me (so not to make this thread even busier!)

Kind Regards

Bob

service-subscription-report-v1.report (1).txt

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 5:10 PM, Bob Dickinson said:

@samwoo

I've had a go at a report based on what I think you have requested above - you can remove the columns where you see fit. 

If you have any questions about this, please could you start a new thread in the Reporting workspace and tag me (so not to make this thread even busier!)

Kind Regards

Bob

service-subscription-report-v1.report (1).txt 3.27 kB · 0 downloads

Hi @Bob Dickinson,

Apologies for not getting back sooner, and apologies for posting in the wrong forum (i felt this would be a good place to capture this sort of information).

The report you have provided has worked, and it looked really simple... when i was building the report i was doing everything in opposites to what you were doing (right join's etc.) 

Many thanks!

Samuel

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 8:40 AM, Bob Dickinson said:

Progressive Capture
(Wiki Info: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Progressive_Capture_Designer)

• Session variables for use in questions. The session variables available, and their correct format to use, are as follows:
    • {{user.fName}}
    • {{user.lName}}
    • {{user.accountRefUrn}}
    • {{user.currentTimeZoneOffset}}
    • {{user.userId}}
    • {{user.userName}}
    • {{user.jobTitle}}
    • {{user.mobile}}
    • {{user.email}}
    • {{user.telephone}}
  • Conditional Fields

Hi @Bob Dickinson,

Just wanted to let you know that I cannot find this information anywhere on the Wiki - can you assist?

Thanks,

Samuel

• Victor unpinned this topic