Recent update has all fields in the Service Manager List showing as Bold

This weekends update seems to have changed all the styles to include a font-weight:bold when assigning css classes to the request list. Can this be reverted as it makes it difficult to read.

Looking at the CSS file for servicemanager.css it seems to be the block from line 373 to 383 

/* Default background highlight which will be applied for use in high contrast mode, light and dark will use overrides below */
.sm-requests-list .requestlist-row .is-customer-updated-1-aliceblue,
.sm-requests-list .requestlist-row .is-customer-updated-1-beige,
.sm-requests-list .requestlist-row .is-customer-updated-1-blanchedalmond,
.sm-requests-list .requestlist-row .is-customer-updated-1-honeydew,
.sm-requests-list .requestlist-row .is-customer-updated-1-khaki,
.sm-requests-list .requestlist-row .is-customer-updated-1-lightcyan,
.sm-requests-list .requestlist-row .is-customer-updated-1-lightyellow,
.sm-requests-list .requestlist-row .is-customer-updated-1-paleturquoise,
.sm-requests-list .requestlist-row .is-customer-updated-1-white {
      background-color: var(--unread-indicator);
      font-weight: bold;
  }

Thanks

Same here. Is this meant to be tied to a Setting that I cannot see?

Is this what we're talking about? We are trying to work out what the bold means, SDesk think it's any Request that hasn't been reviewed yet and needs our action but some with tasks for us to do are not showing bold and some resolved are showing bold and some are not...

image.thumb.png.799ce297a17020a97bfbbca7fed7fe38.png

I've noted if I do a task on a ticket it goes from bold to normal. So would surmise some or any action on a ticket will change the format of the text.

9 minutes ago, JonNutt said:

I've noted if I do a task on a ticket it goes from bold to normal. So would surmise some or any action on a ticket will change the format of the text.

Confirming that If the ticket gets Assigned to a user (Not a Team) it becomes unboldend.

Either way they shouldnt be making random changes like this without consultation, its same with the god awful salmon for the 'is-unassigned-to-team-1' class

25 minutes ago, Gareth Cantrell said:

I think the bold is "unread by analyst", but personally, the introduction of the bold makes the display a bit jarring to view.

Understatement of the year.

I think I'm just frustrated that theyre making changes without consultation or ways to disable them.

We've noticed this as well - no mention that I can find in the change logs for yesterday's update?

We're not sure what it means, or if this is a new feature or something that's been fixed that's tied to a setting somewhere?

It does feel recently that a lot of these relatively small things are being changed without any mention in change logs, and with no warning (I certainly haven't seen anything about this anywhere)

We have 100 Hornbill agent users, and I've had to field queries from over 30 of them who noticed this when they started this morning

We are in the same place. I have had a few comments feedback to me saying with the Bold the test is harder to read.

Some information regarding the change would be good.

Agreed - same issues, same feedback from colleagues regarding the harshness of the Request View after this latest change and previous (where on-hold type changed). 

Strange that it hasn't been communicated and strange that these changes aren't added as options which we can then choose whether to enable, rather than finding them forced upon us and auto-enabled.

Also impacted today is the Default Email config for Services.....

2 hours ago, cwood said:

Agreed - same issues, same feedback from colleagues regarding the harshness of the Request View after this latest change and previous (where on-hold type changed). 

Strange that it hasn't been communicated and strange that these changes aren't added as options which we can then choose whether to enable, rather than finding them forced upon us and auto-enabled.

Also impacted today is the Default Email config for Services.....

Aaaaaaaah, that'll be the source of the frustration from our Support team this morning. Their email config is doing something I couldn't explain, I had no clue what had caused it until I saw your post.

@all

We are currently addressing the issues you have mentioned in this thread and aim to resolve them promptly. Your feedback and patience are greatly appreciated.

• Like 4

@all

Apologies for the belated response. Following a number of responses above we have removed the bold font styling which was simply added as an additional differentiator along with the colour highlighting which indicates an unread ticket.  Once the ticket is viewed the bold text/row colour highlighting and left hand unread marker are removed which has always been the case/usage.  

The changes were mentioned on the release notes as part of the work we have been doing to try to improved the usability for various users across the three theme modes.  The removal of the bold will not make tomorrow's update but will be removed in the following update.

Kind regards,

Dave.

Thanks for the response, whilst I understand the need for improved visibility - especially when trying to keep consistency across multiple themes, I still think it would be best that such potentially jarring changes should be optional for users, the Salmon colour for new request is a prime example of things that should be optional, but i digress, we look forward to the new update when it arrives.