Issues with Charts not loading

Mike Hillman

We've started having an issue this morning with charts not loading correctly:

image.thumb.png.49e84f14865dc4e7c2823c1e2a05454d.png

I definitely have a number of charts configured, which I use daily:

image.png.25cf01a3cc7300d6138a4ed1dad9f951.png image.png.e9145be1c83186ce1f2bcda4f258f2ae.png

My boss is having a similar problem - hers are displaying, but the data is completely wrong

Are there any known issues with the views/charts?

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

Ours show some very inflated figures after the update

That's the issue our manager is getting - apparently, one member of staff resolved 8000 tickets last week - which is even more impressive given that they left 2 years ago!

Just now, David Hall said:

Hi @Mike Hillman @Jim

Thanks for posting, we are currently investigating high numbers of results in charts and will provide an update as soon possible.

Kind regards,

Dave

Thanks - will keep an eye out. Will this also include the issue with them not displaying at all?

5 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

@Mike Hillman To clarify, where the charts are not loading, the underlying issue is likely to be same, but the unexpectedly high amount of data is causing the action to time out.

I did suspect that might be what was happening - thanks

11 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

A patch has been deployed and this issue should now be resolved.

@Mike Hillman Could you also let us know if the "not loading" issue was resolved by this as well, please?

Doesn't appear to have I'm afraid, still not loading at the moment

3 hours ago, Steve Giller said:

A patch has been deployed and this issue should now be resolved.

@Mike Hillman Could you also let us know if the "not loading" issue was resolved by this as well, please?

Just wondering if there's any further news on this - charts are still not loading for me

Firstly, are we discussing the Advanced Analytics Dashboards here, or (as I have presumed due to the thread's content) the "My Dashboards" view accessed via your Request List.
image.png

If the former, you probably need to start a separate thread in the Performance Analytics forum.

Assuming Request List Dashboards
If no charts are displayed, do the users with the issue have a large amount of charts? There comes a point where the amount of data being retrieved will become a performance issue, at this point the request times out and no data is returned. Removing some charts will resolve this issue. This would be my first check.

@Steve Giller The issue is with "My Dashboards" view accessed via Request List. 

This started after the recent update to the Service Manager and one user is still reporting the issue. They tried removing some charts as suggested but this hasn't resolved it. Any further advice?

@Steve Giller I'm the colleague @Marius is talking about.  I've managed to narrow it down to views I've setup where one of the conditions is 'Source' and 'Is not' (doesn't then matter what the 'is not' is).  When this filter is active, none of the charts (regardless of how many I have set to visible) show and I get the 'There are no charts configured or visible' message.  I've managed to work around this, but just wanted to highlight as it seems to be a bug that wasn't there prior to the updates and may eventually catch others out!

image.thumb.png.93bebd7d6884ce17230a682a3e595fb3.png