Sending emails with High Importance / Low importance

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

I wanted to see if there is anywhere we can set outgoing emails from within Service Manager to have a High / Low Importance marker like emails going out from Outlook please? I have looked over the email node, and checked settings but could not see anything obvious. Is there somewhere we can enable these at all?

Many thanks

• Like 1

Hi Deen

Thanks for the above - I am looking at the email compose window and still can't see where I can mark message priority :) can you confirm where this is please? I checked Wiki and nothing jumping out there.

I can see the Set Priority button on an email just in the incoming inbox, but do not see an equivalent on the email composer within a request,

Thanks!

Hi Deen,

Any update on the above please?

Also, another User has highlighted the need to have a recall button on the emails - is this available as well? Again I have checked over the mailbox screen, and settings but can not see this as an option

Many thanks

@Adrian Simpkins

The priority option is only available within the email composer and not from within the request. Going forward, a change has been raised to address the ability to set the importance level of an email notification send from the BPM, watch out for this in future Service manager updates. A recall button isn't compatible with how we send email. 

Kind regards, Nanette.

• Like 1

Hi Nanette

Perfect, thank you for confirming - I will pass this onto the Users.

Just out of interest, I presume it is not possible to set a High Importance flag within the Email action button in a request due to compatibility issues ?(like setting up a Recall button)

Many thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 13/03/2020 at 08:10, Nanette said:

Good news, the change that we have outstanding will include the set message priority option within the email template.  This will be available in a future service manager update - keep an eye in the announcements section.

@Nanette did this ever make it forward in the pile?  I've had a look just now and don't see a way to increase the importance of an email sent via the Action bar.  If I'm missing it, perhaps someone can enlighten me :)