Martyn Houghton

Can I request an enhancement to the Email options held at a Service level, to enable the automatic inclusion of connections when opening the request 'Email Action'. Connections is a very useful facility, but is let down by the need to manually have to add the connection on to the email action each and every time you use it. This whole relies on the analyst remembering to add the connections, which with human error results in an inconsistent application. 

We would propose there is an options as below:-

• Impacted connections - option None, To, CC or BCC.
  • Interested connections - option None, To, CC or BCC

By having a setting a the Service level this can be controlled and set due to the particular needs of the the service, rather than a system wide setting. Having the options above give complete flexibility to fit different service desk needs.

Cheers

Martyn

++++1

Martyn,

We automatically add Connections as part of the BPM when the Request is raised based on the 'Affected Product' (mainly for Sev1 Incidents) and this includes an email to each Connection advising them (it's quite an impressive BPM Stage!). However as you correctly point out subsequent 'Email updates' are not sent to Connections by default which is a pain. We use the my-services portal so our Connections can see their 'connected' Requests but are not aware when there is an email update. Equally they are not notified of a normal update - I guess if you are using the old portal then that is not such a problem as they can't see the Requests anyway. I am hoping that the 'Adhoc BPM' button may help once delivered so that we can alert Connections to a significant update on Sev1 Incidents.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Martyn,

The requirement that you mentioned has been added to an existing change that is in our backlog which is set to look at a few options around automatic and manual emails to Connections.  This change isn't currently schedule but it will continue to be reviewed for future consideration.

Regards,

James