Error when taking request off hold

Lauren

Hi

One of our analysts has received the following error when trying to take a request off hold:

"FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_ops/smUpdateStatus): nodeName: API Call - systemSmUpdateStatus; nodeId: 15ccd0bd-6cc4-4151-94f1-95008f16b270; At 310/1: "Uncaught EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/Requests::systemSmUpdateStatus] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_ops/systemSmUpdateStatus): nodeName: Invoke Flowcode: Take Request Off Hold; nodeId: 423f928a-1112-48b2-be44-4d9525ea4edb; At 368/1: "Uncaught EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/Requests::takeRequestOffHold] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_ops/takeRequestOffHold): nodeName: Invoke FC: Take fix timer off hold; nodeId: b2982779-bde4-4c7b-a388-0d8e5104fd6b; At 564/1: "Uncaught EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/Requests::takeFixTimerOffHold] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_ops/takeFixTimerOffHold): Schema validation: Mandatory (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_ops/takeFixTimerOffHold/adjustedTime)" throw(e); _fc_node_exec_b2982779_bde4_4c7b_a388_0d8e5104fd6b" throw(e); _fc_node_exec_423f928a_1112_48b2_be44_4d9525ea4edb" throw(e); _fc_node_exec_15ccd0bd_6cc4_4151_94f1_95008f16b270"

Any thoughts? I cannot replicate this at all, so am a little unsure how to resolve this.

Thanks

Lauren

Hi @David Hall

Thanks for coming back to me - I've since been made aware of another occurrence of this:

IN00069963 - first occurred approx. 10:30 on 25/02

SR00070018 - first occurred approx. 12:20 on 25/02

The error appears whenever you try and take the requests off hold.

Thanks

Lauren

Hi there,

We've been getting this too. If you need to look on our instance - request ref: IN00057619

Upon first attempting to put the call off hold the system hangs after the error message appears (something to do with SMUpdateStatus). When doing a hard-refresh (CTRL + F5) we are then presented with the "Page not Displayed" error in IE11. Going back into the call again, we were then able to put the call off-hold successfully.

Thanks,

Samuel

@Lauren @samwoo

With regards to the above references you have mentioned, I was just looking to understand the request lifecycle and ask if:

1. Was the Service Level updated (either manually or by auto SLM rule updates) prior to the hold/take off-hold action?

2. Had the request been placed on hold until a specific time or just indefinitely using sub-statuses

3. Is it possible at all that the related BPM process calls the Mark Response/Fix node around this point e.g. based on a status change? 

Whilst I can see exactly where it is failing I'm currently unable to replicate locally and haven't as yet been able to understand under what scenario this situation arises so any information you can give would be appreciated while I continue to investigate.

Kind Regards,

Dave.

Hi @David Hall

As requested:

1. The Service Level was updated on SR00070018, but not IN00069963.

2. Both requests had been placed on hold until a specific time - one later that day on 25th, the other 26th

3. There are two business processes here - one for service requests and one for incidents. In one, the response time had already been marked (SR00070018). The response time for IN00069963 had not yet been marked.

Thanks

Lauren

Hi @David Hall,

In response to your message from one of our analysts:

1. This ticket has been taken off hold when a mail was sent by the user.

2. Placed on hold until a specific time.

3. (From me) Nothing has been changed in our BPM processes for a while now, but we do not have any nodes that check for any status changes whilst the request is open.

4. This is not the only call this has happened to for me and it only happens when I am taking a call off hold back to in progress

Hope this helps somewhat.

THanks,

Samuel

@David HallHi David, Just wanted to note that a couple of my guys are getting this to, also seems to be affecting jobs automatically coming off hold. IN00051191, IN00051266, IN00051147, SR00050341. All are ones that had this issue. 

Seems to of been happening since applying Build: 1439. 

Only seems to happen in the job once for us and hitting refresh seems to make it work again.

Thanks,

Logan G

@Lauren @samwoo @Logan Graham

We've reviewed this issue further but still are unable to confirm the exact set of circumstances that lead to the error. 

As a result for the next update due out in the next week (build 1448 or greater), we've added some handling for the issue which we expect to resolve the error and accompanied this with additional logging to help with any further diagnosis should the need arise.

If you continue to see issues after this next update please let us know back here so we can follow up.

Kind Regards,

Dave.

• Thanks 1

Apologies again for the problems @Lauren,

As per my previous post, we've made some changes which we believe will correct the issue and failing that will provide us with some additional logging information to work with. 
The changes and additional logging are in place for the the next full update which excluding any unforeseen issues should be available for you to install on Monday.  Once you have the update in place we can look to see if the issue still persists and if so we will review it with the additional logging as a priority.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Dave.

Hi @David Hall

As are we - whilst I cannot locate any recently logged incidents that display this error, we cannot take off-hold the requests that have previously been affected by this. We currently have approx. 30 that remain on-hold that we cannot take off-hold.

Lauren

Hi @David Hall

you said there would be a fix included in 1448 build and above, but there is nothing specific in the release notes for 1451, 1452 or 1453.

I'm hesitating to update our Service Manager instance (not wanting to get these errors). Can you advise if we press the update button now whether we're in for a world of pain please?

Thank you!

Claire

Hi @Claire Holtham,

Also thanks @Lauren for your update.  The fix was available in the 1452 build, apologies it appears to have been missed off from the release notes as I added them manually this time due to some issues with our automated posting, I'll correct that.

To the best of my knowledge the originally reported issue has been fixed and should not present a problem.

Kind Regards,

Dave.