Dashboards Error

SJEaton

If you are asking if the views for the charts I created appear correctly, then I have tried accessing the view and have found an error message occurs "unable to query requests - Flowcode Exception. Input parameter validation error: The element <withinfixtimeequals> was not expected at location '/methodcall/params/withinfixtimeequals'.

Hopefully this answers your question?

Regards

Guest Mohamed

Hi all, 

Our team has been trying to replicate said issues, unfortunately not luck replicating the issue around the charts not loading
@SJEaton, would it be possible to see what information is returned as part of the network tab, steps are as follows:

When loading the request list, right click anywhere and selecting the Inspect Option

image.png

A developer console will open up, please select the "Network" tab

image.png

Switch over to the dashboard charts, you should see a couple of API calls, when clicking on them, you can see the preview message, if there are any errors presented here, please let us know

image.png

Guest Mohamed

@dwalby, great, would it be possible if you could expand the attribute called state and screenshot what its returning, that would be a great help

@SJEaton if you click the charts refresh button there should be some results appearing in the network tab, from there if you could do the same as advised for dwalby, it would be most appreciated

Thanks

@Mohamed

1. {@status: "fail", state: {code: "0200", service: "apps", operation: "smGetChartFilters",…}}
    1. @status:"fail"
    2. state:{code: "0200", service: "apps", operation: "smGetChartFilters",…}
      1. code:"0200"
      2. error:"FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Charts/fc_ops/smGetChartFilters): nodeName: Prepare Output Data; nodeId: 5f56bf25-7409-45a5-97ab-cf9ca2da0216; At 149/1: "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token o in JSON at position 1"↵ throw(e);↵_fc_node_exec_5f56bf25_7409_45a5_97ab_cf9ca2da0216"
      3. operation:"smGetChartFilters"
      4. service:"apps"

1. {@status: "fail", state: {code: "0200", service: "apps", operation: "smGetChartFilters",…}}
    1. @status:"fail"
    2. state:{code: "0200", service: "apps", operation: "smGetChartFilters",…}
      1. code:"0200"
      2. error:"FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Charts/fc_ops/smGetChartFilters): nodeName: Prepare Output Data; nodeId: 5f56bf25-7409-45a5-97ab-cf9ca2da0216; At 149/1: "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token o in JSON at position 1"↵ throw(e);↵_fc_node_exec_5f56bf25_7409_45a5_97ab_cf9ca2da0216"
      3. operation:"smGetChartFilters"
      4. service:"apps"

Capture.PNG

Hi all, 

A new patch release for Service Manager has gone out today (1322) this contains a few fixes for the charts which should address the issues that have been reported, including loading of charts and the re-ordering:

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues after updating the Service Manager app in your instance.

Regards

Mohamed

On 9/10/2018 at 1:26 PM, Mohamed said:

Hi all, 

A new patch release for Service Manager has gone out today (1322) this contains a few fixes for the charts which should address the issues that have been reported, including loading of charts and the re-ordering:

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues after updating the Service Manager app in your instance.

Regards

Mohamed

@Mohamed Unfortunately I'm still having the continual "Loading" wheel when attempting to access my dashboard

• 2 weeks later...

I think I may have identifies what triggers this issue actually... When looking at the Edit View settings of a custom view if you click Make a Copy button on a view that contains Charts it causes the dashboard to break. You can see a red error message appearing for a millisecond by selecting Charts within the Edit View section. Assuming this might be the cause of the issue.

image.png.bd9278dffff3961c1358119d90df062f.png

Hi @dwalby,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - I'm here to help :)

When making a copy of a View, the charts are not copied over - Although this capability is currently in development and should be available soon :)

To begin with, I have noticed that the Service Manager App on your instance is on an older version. We've since released 2 new builds of the Service Manager App. Could you please update the Service Manager App on your instance?

After you've done that, could you kindly provide us with the content of the Response tab in Chrome Console for smGetChartFilters operation when you click on Switch to My Dashboards? I know you've provided this to us previously but we wanted to cross reference this once again.

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 14.26.56.png

Thanks,

Ehsan

@Ehsan thanks for the response. I've actually just been through and deleted all of my charts and re-created them which now allows the dashboard to load. Once I've done the update though I'll try remember to re-create the issue by copying some views containing charts.

I'm still experiencing issues...I deleted all my charts a few weeks ago and tried recreating, but the dashboard still doesn't load.

I can confirm that I had previously used the 'create copy' option for my views..i am aware you have the functionality is in development - any ideas when this will come into play as i may as well try and recreate then.

I also noticed that some of my views (possibly used the 'make a copy') which i shared out to users/team stopped the 'share' also...should i recreate my views to be on the safe side ?

Thanks

Sxx

Guest Mohamed

@Stuart Torres-Catmur @SJEaton

Our apologies that you are still experiencing problems with the Dashboards
I would first advise if you could please update to the latest build possible, 1347 

After that to test if the dashboards to see if that resolves your issues.
If after the update the dashboards still don't work I would advise to follow the instructions mentioned by Ehsan to provide us screenshots of the errors returned 

On 10/1/2018 at 2:35 PM, Ehsan said:

Hi @dwalby,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - I'm here to help :)

When making a copy of a View, the charts are not copied over - Although this capability is currently in development and should be available soon :)

To begin with, I have noticed that the Service Manager App on your instance is on an older version. We've since released 2 new builds of the Service Manager App. Could you please update the Service Manager App on your instance?

After you've done that, could you kindly provide us with the content of the Response tab in Chrome Console for smGetChartFilters operation when you click on Switch to My Dashboards? I know you've provided this to us previously but we wanted to cross reference this once again.

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 14.26.56.png

Thanks,

Ehsan

Thanks, 

Regards

Mohamed