Skype Integration?

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Morning

I was at the HUG yesterday (which, BTW, was great.....fantastic to see the new ideas and tools and innovations available....the future's looking rosy!!)

I'm sure I saw something which showed an option to open a Skype session from within a ticket. I'm pretty sure it was in @Patrick Bolger's presentation on Collaboration, but I can't see any settings for this, nor anything in the Wiki or Forums. 

Did I dream it? Or did I see something which I've misunderstood?

thanks

Hi Paul,

As I understand it, If you set up your Skype ID in your profile, you should then be able to initiate Skype calls with other co-workers who have their Skype id set in their profile. However, there might be other browser settings, I am not 100% sure.  I will try to get some further clarification for you.

Gerry

• Like 2

Guest Mohamed

Hi @Paul Alexander,

As @Gerry mentioned that all you require is for users to have their Skype IDs set against their profile and you will have the option to initiate Skype Chat, provided that you have it installed of course :)
skype.JPG

Please also do note that visibility of Skype details (as well as your other contact details) are controlled by the visibility option so if this is restricted other user's wont be able to see the option
skype2.JPG

After that, you'll be able to see the option to initiate Skype
skype3.JPG

Hope that helps

Mohamed

Hi @Gerry, @Paul Alexander

Yes the Insight17 was a brilliant event - all I can say is those that didn't attend it missed out. Can you let us download the slides and videos?

Skype is something we would like to try out - thanks for the info @Mohamed

Nasim

• Like 1

Guest Mohamed

Hi @Paul Alexander

Yeah that is a little tricky, you need to go to your Profile > About, then in the Contact Details area press the "Followers" button and you'll be presented with  the privacy options
Just to note, the button may say "Public" or "Private" depending on what it has already been set to. 

skype4.JPG

Hope that helps :)

Regards

Mohamed

Guest Paul Alexander

One more question @Mohamed......does this work with Skype for Business? I*'ve managed to get it to show a 'Skype chat' icon, but we use Skype for Business, and that doesn't seem to be showing up? When I click that icon it asks me to install Skype?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There has been some investigation work done but I will need to find out what the current status is. Its holiday season at the moment so not everyone is around, I will get a status update and post back when I have something. 

Gerry

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
4 minutes ago, Daniel Dekel said:

Hello @dwalby,

We do have the option to set a SKype For Business user. If you go to My Profile -> Contact Details section.

By setting this it will show a Skype icon when you open someone's profile in the popup. Usually hover over the user image.

Is that what you were looking for?

image.png

Thanks @Daniel Dekel - Aside from viewing this in the customers profile, is there a way this can be displayed in the request details as a clickable link? Also, is there a way to automatically populate this field with an LDAP import?

Are there any plans to further integrate Skype for Business, with availability status for example?

@dwalby,

Regarding LDAP import, it could be possible. You will have to concatenate the string "sip:" as a prefix to the Skype username.  We store the the IM type + : + Username in the h_sn_e column of the h_sys_accounts table. The IM in your case is "sip" so in your case you will have to import "sip:YOUR_USER"

Regarding using the button in the request details, I don't think it would be difficult to add, but will have to speak to my colleagues in Service Manager team.

Regarding showing the availability, well, that is a lot more complicated, because that will require us storing your skype credentials. So we can have a look in to that, but is not going to be soon I'm afraid.

Daniel.