Change Calendar

gwynne

Hey 

We were wondering if we could have better integration with the Change Calendar  a few suggestions are as followed

Make it an internet Calendar  so we can add it to outlook or a possible integration with outlook.

Or possibly a downloadable ICS File

We just wanted a better way of sharing changes out 

Let me know your thoughts

• Like 1

@gwynne Thanks for your post.

This is a great area where we could look to innovate perhaps you could comment on the following:

1) Who would need to see this information - everyone or just specific users?
2) What information specifically would you want to share with these users?

Do you have any specific use cases you could share. I.e. As a ...... I want/need to be able to .......

Regards,

Abdi

1. No specifics on user access this would be ideal to be able to have the flexibility to allow anyone to see if we need them to. Example is we have project teams who request changes from the technical team so having that overview would be great.I appreciate currently there is licences needed for change cal access however this is info only and a licence would be OTT

2. Not great amount of info is needed for us as its more about the complete view of changes rather than the specific info  Title, Description Date & Time of change Status of change

Like I say use cases we have involvement from all walks of the business and having the overview of changes in outlook would be ideal from a project/ Team management  point of view  to see. Plus we have users who have a low usage of Hornbill itself so having a overview for them would also be good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Had more requests for this one - Outlook calendar integration (eg. service desk call requires an appointment to be made with the customer, useful to be able to created an outlook calendar item from within in the request). Something like the call back schedule option, but rather than creating an activity it would add something to your calendar.

Also useful to be able to share out the Change Calendar so non-hornbill users can access it.

Nasim

• 3 weeks later...

Similar request to what @nasimg has mentioned above.  We would like it so that we could schedule in appointments for drop in support on a particular campus, and would like to utilise a calendar similar to the change calendar, but it's a stand-alone calendar that we can connect to through an icon on the task bar of Incidents and Requests, similar to the other actions that are there at the moment. 

+1 this came-up again. The ability to reveal a view of the Change Calendar to the Basic Users (and maybe Guests) so it can be used as a reference by the organisation for service maintenance windows, etc. I am happy to put more detail on use cases if useful.