Minor but annoying bug in new UI

HHH

Thanks for your post HHH.

From what I can see, there is just one extra click needed to take the focus away from the text box which also removes the styling toolbar.   The idea was that having the styling toolbar would save time when writing a resolution that contains links and other formatted options.

I think that there is enough room to adjust the positioning of the category picker so that it is always visible.  I'll have a discussion with development to see what can be done.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ann-MarieHolloway said:

@HHH This has niggled a few of our analysts too

Same with our team.

Could we introduce an 'always on' toolbar with the wiki mark up options on? Similar how the toolbar works in the Email Action? From using other applications (even adding a post/reply on here), it seems a more natural place to put it would be at the top of a text box, and would solve the issue of it hiding the category picker.

A replication of the options and design available below would be a simple and fantastic alternative that, I think, would sit much better in the resolution action.

image.png.939816b80eb788ff666872dfa25edd36.png

• Like 1

+1 pleeeeease. Just should never have a pop-up that obscures a mandated field; we can neither see nor edit the closing profile until we do another click so it's added one click to everyone closing every ticket... 😞

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This issue is unfortunately still unresolved - please can this be investigated as we've gotten complaints about it on the new UI:

image.png.2b279032a2d1aa1ddd49628925f0cc2b.png

It might seem minor, but it does impact the overall experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mentioned this as part of the feedback on the original New UI thread, that it was an annoying addition when typing resolution notes.  

Looks like it came in as part of CH00179909 but I don't think anything has been responded to about it on this post. 

I've got used to it, but I know come 2nd April when the 'new' UI becomes the norm, there will be comments from colleagues of mine about it! 

2 hours ago, samwoo said:

This issue is unfortunately still unresolved

A change to this is being worked on.  The menu will eventually be moved to the right.  This is just waiting to work its way through the build and release cycles.

• Thanks 2

Having extensively being using the Mobile version when away from my main PC for a while, I've dogged stayed with the Classic theme until this rollout and I discovered that this is also affecting it in more "irritating" ways there.

image.png.b17bfda6cc6714382440235757e962cd.png

• Like 1

On 20/03/2024 at 07:04, JonNutt said:

Having extensively being using the Mobile version when away from my main PC for a while, I've dogged stayed with the Classic theme until this rollout and I discovered that this is also affecting it in more "irritating" ways there.

image.png.b17bfda6cc6714382440235757e962cd.png

Ooh, nasty!

• Haha 1