Can we disable the link that takes a user back to the Service via a Request?

samwoo

Hello,

In the Employee Portal, for the majority of our Services, we don't link to Service page.  We simply create a page dedicated to that service, with a Links widget that takes users straight to the individual Catalogs within that Service.  We prefer this over the Services screen at the moment as it looks better and gives us a more flexibility.

What I have just noticed is that when a customer accesses the ticket, they have the option to go to the Service page... but we don't want this, as this will cause confusion as they will have ended up on a page that isn't accessible to them via the Employee Portal.

Please can we have the option to remove this link if not already possible?

image.png.1fbccb1d151bfd161ced5b1af0dcf3f5.png 

We are not live with the Employee Portal yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would probably suggest that it would be a global setting.  If the requirement is to do it per service, then it would make it a bigger change.  This is normally looked at prior to reaching development.  It is important for you to make the requirement clear at this point. Do you need this per service?

Just now, James Ainsworth said:

I would probably suggest that it would be a global setting.  If the requirement is to do it per service, then it would make it a bigger change.  This is normally looked at prior to reaching development.  It is important for you to make the requirement clear at this point. Do you need this per service?

Thanks for clarifying - so basically, we do use Service Widgets for Service Domain Categories (Applications) for everything else we use the Links Widget, and these are the ones we don't want link back to the Service page, so I think we would need to toggle this per Service, but it's on by default. 

• 7 months later...

Morning @James Ainsworth,

Did this ever reach discussions or is it still on the list to be discussed? Just checking to see if there are any updates behind the scenes that you may be able to share.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo

While there is a change in the backlog for this, it is not currently scheduled for review.  I'll let you know if I hear of any plans to implement this.  There are a number of significant updates planned for Services and the Service Portfolio which will come first, before  additional changes are looked at.

• Thanks 1