Unable to apply emails to requests

We are currently unable to apply emails to requests from our mailbox by entering the request ID. When we enter the exact request ID no option for this request shows.

Can someone please urgently assist?

Thanks

• Like 1

@Euan Coleman

Just something to check.. there was a performance tweak which now checks for a valid request reference format before making a search... I notice you have a 3 letter request prefix so if you check the setting in the screenshot.. has this been updated from 2 to 3 in the curly braces to match the new format ?  If not then might be worth changing it to 3 and then retrying.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 09.23.37.png

Kind regards,

Dave.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, David Hall said:

@Euan Coleman

Just something to check.. there was a performance tweak which now checks for a valid request reference format before making a search... I notice you have a 3 letter request prefix so if you check the setting in the screenshot.. has this been updated from 2 to 3 in the curly braces to match the new format ?  If not then might be worth changing it to 3 and then retrying.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 09.23.37.png

Kind regards,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

This is a read-only setting so it won't allow us to amend unless I'm missing something?

Thanks

Andrew

Just to add to this, we can create new requests its just the function to apply an email to an existing request that is no longer working correctly. This seems to just have been an issue from around 07:30 this morning.

@Euan Coleman

Having checked again in more detail.. we have individual settings for each of the request types (which are not readonly) which all appear under this setting search as advanced settings..

com.hornbill.servicemanager.regex

it should also check these settings when looking for matches.  Have these been updated according to the references you now use e.g. GSA?

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.09.19.png

7 minutes ago, David Hall said:

@Euan Coleman

Having checked again in more detail.. we have individual settings for each of the request types (which are not readonly) which all appear under this setting search as advanced settings..

com.hornbill.servicemanager.regex

it should also check these settings when looking for matches.  Have these been updated according to the references you now use e.g. GSA?

Hi David,

I have manually changed these all to GSA now and it looks like it is all working. how could something like this just change overnight so we can avoid this going forward as this has put us massively on the back foot this morning but was just a setting change?

Appreciate the support getting this resolved this morning!

Thank you!

Euan

@Euan Coleman

Happy to hear that's corrected things.  Apologies for the inconvenience.  The reasoning for making the change was that until now on every keypress in the search field a new search was fired, this could mean 8 or more searches being fired as you type a reference and it was a big hit on performance, this change was to identify when a valid reference format had been entered and only then perform a single search.  

In order to cater for the possibility of different request formats we had to use the above settings which we incorrectly assumed would have been updated as part of selecting a new request reference format but unfortunately that wasn't the case here so apologies, in retrospect we should have communicated that in the release notes and will look to do so with any such changes in the future.

Kind regards,

Dave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gareth Cantrell said:

We are seeing the same issue and we're using the standard SR/IN reference format.

image.thumb.png.6395ceb112797eb114d9aa57c2447f54.png

On further investigation, it appears that the action did update the request multiple times, however the error about failing to apply the update is shown, even though successful.

Hi 

We have started to see the same error message appearing when trying to apply an email to a call.

I can also confirm we are using the standard SR / IN on our ticket and also confirm that the email does get added to the ticket.

image.png.9ce7ad5966e016399b60ddd9199451da.png

Hi @Gareth Cantrell @Llyr

If the email is being applied correctly then I'm wondering if there is an issue when its trying to move the email to your chosen archive folder.

If you check the app setting

servicemanager.email.archiveFolderName

as per the screenshot.. does this match a valid folder in your mailbox?

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 11.35.01.png

@Gareth Cantrell

Just checking is this happening every single time you use apply to email or on occasions?  Also are the emails in these cases correctly moving to the archive folder you expect?

If that all looks correct then it might be better to log this with support so that we can take a look at your instance and diagnose the exact issue as I'm not currently able to replicate in our environment. 

Kind regards,

Dave

I checked the setting, and the folder name was not in one of our mailboxes, i have added it in and everything is working now. Thanks for this.

Out of interest, we didnt have this issue before and we have not made any changes to our system, any idea why this started today for us?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Hall said:

@Gareth Cantrell

Just checking is this happening every single time you use apply to email or on occasions?  Also are the emails in these cases correctly moving to the archive folder you expect?

If that all looks correct then it might be better to log this with support so that we can take a look at your instance and diagnose the exact issue as I'm not currently able to replicate in our environment. 

Kind regards,

Dave

You're right - this was happening for a different mailbox which didn't have the folder specified in application settings - not sure why it was working before this though.

• Like 1

@Llyr @Gareth Cantrell

Good to hear it's now working as expected.  

Despite it looking identical the apply email function has been completely rewritten for the new UI and I believe that in the previous version we were only returning an error when the actual applying of the email failed... but if the move to archive failed it was silent rather than reporting the error as it correctly does now.  

Kind regards,

Dave.

• Like 2