Update to Hornbill UI

Afternoon,

I have had a look at some up the updates and posts about the UI and haven't yet found a solution to the below however if I have missed this I do apologise.

It says its switching in 15 days, does that mean this version of the UI we currently use will be obsolete at that point and we will have no option but to use the new user interface from then on?

The reason I ask is that when we access our contacts page on the new UI, the search parameters seem to be off so we can’t search for something containing a word anymore and instead it has to be an exact search including all wording, brackets, and numbers for it to show. We need this changed but I can’t see any options anywhere to do this ourselves and I’m concerned about the impact if it automatically changes before we have an understanding of this.

If you need me to advise on anything further, just let me know.

Appreciate the support in advance!

Thanks

Euan

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the update on this.

Do you know when this fix is going into place? currently I'm stuck on the new UI and cant locate any sites due to the limitations on the search parameters?

Thank you

Euan 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,  Have I missed something here,  some queries from my team

1.  last Thursday were able to append tickets quickly because if they wanted to append an email to a ticket, the ticket number was automatically populated.  Today, do they have to key the ticket number in manually? why? I don't remember seeing this as functionality that would be removed ( so If I/we missed this I apologise) although why we you want to elongate the process?  thanks

2.  when emails are pulled into hornbill ticket it does not show the most recent conversation or mail - why

3. Resend undelivered email" tab is inconspicuous - why

4. Reply to emails with previous conversation trail is a manual task (Conversation trail has to be manually populated by clicking the quotation marks) - why?

thank you 

• Like 1

Just to tack onto this topic, as it relates to the new UI and specifically the contacts page... When adding additional columns to display, they all get shoehorned into the "Contact Details" header and we're not able to sort on them, is this intended?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bukola said:

3. Resend undelivered email" tab is inconspicuous - why

4. Reply to emails with previous conversation trail is a manual task (Conversation trail has to be manually populated by clicking the quotation marks) - why?

Hi @Bukola

Can you please explain more about point 3? Where is that tab located? If possible making a screenshot would probably explain it much better.

Point 4 - can you check if you have core setting set to ON

app.view.email.reply.includeOriginalMessageText

If it's set to ON, then when you reply to the email you should find "See replied content" button (it's automatically quoting). See screenshot below.
When it is set to OFF, you need to click on the quote message button to add it.

Thank you,
Miro

image.png

Hi,

Something one of the staff has mentioned regarding a change since the New UI update. On the request screen, we are unable to edit a particular section. see below it appears greyed out for some odd reason only one area is greyed out. all other boxes are white and can be amended (text drop down etc) but the trust box which we sometimes manually update cannot be changed anymore.

i've checked pro caps and BPMs to ensure nothing has changed that side which it hasn't.  also it is one of the default fields so not something i can remove and re add back in either.

Edit view

image.thumb.png.e35ced6faefcef44511d460392b9d3b4.png 

Design View

image.thumb.png.f6a2c0fa01fc90640ce3d3c89d6358b9.png

Primary Fields

other primary fields like the summary has the option saying "field cannot be edited" which is unticked

image.png.f9510d9d2f7d09ca3461091cc38bdb98.png

the field in question seems to be missing this option which i presume could be the issue? and is defaulting as uneditable?

image.png.ee85851e86c3f3c0efdb4d214be7dbd3.png

if someone can review and update would be great as this is a primary action that takes place everyday and cannot risk it not being available like normal for too long.

image.png

image.png

On 04/04/2024 at 16:00, Miro said:

Hi @ilyaas

Could you add "edit "and "design" images again - I guess there was some problem with uploading it.

Thank you,
Miro

hi, whatever the issue was, i would assume hornbill now done something as it is now fixed.