oauth2 NO AUTHENTICATE failed

Everton1878

Hi,

This morning we haven't had any email into Service Manager and when I've gone in to check the mailbox connection we are getting a 'NO AUTHENTICATE failed' message

I'm not aware of any having been change at our end but wondering if some sort of token may have expired

I logged into Service Manager in incognito mode and then used the direct login rather than SSO to go in and create a new credential

When creating, it popped up with an Office 365 login and I entered the login details for the mailbox which were accepted

I then specified the new credential in the mailbox connection but it is still failing with the same error

My colleague that set this up when Microsoft retired the old authentication method is on holiday today so any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Screenshot 2023-08-11 094124.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-11 094213.jpg

All,
MS Are reprting issues with IMAP connections. See System Health in your MS Portal. This is not a Hornbill Issue

Some users may be unable to access their mailbox using the IMAP4 connection method within Exchange Online

EX666988, Last updated: August 11, 2023 at 10:26 AM GMT+1
Estimated start time: August 11, 2023 at 8:53 AM GMT+1

Kind Regards

Hornbill Cloud Team 
  • Like 1

Hello all,

I've just got off the phone with Hornbill support - We've temporary put a workaround in place by changing our mailbox authorisatin from IMAP to POP3 - this seems
to have addressed the problem. Try changing this from IMAP in your mailbox settings and then see if the connection test works as normal. 👍

image.png.aac532b3222dc339310b82da17519518.png

1 hour ago, Ann-MarieHolloway said:

Does this happen to affect email routing rules

If the emails aren't arriving, they can't be routed, so possibly.

If the emails are arriving but are not being picked up as expected, please review Routing rules do not process emails and Routing rules do not raise requests from emails or apply emails to requests and post a new thread if these do not resolve your issues.

57 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

If the emails aren't arriving, they can't be routed, so possibly.

If the emails are arriving but are not being picked up as expected, please review Routing rules do not process emails and Routing rules do not raise requests from emails or apply emails to requests and post a new thread if these do not resolve your issues.

It looks like it's linked to the Microsoft issue with IMAP4 as emails into our Hornbill instance are not updating calls.

The latest update from MS.. They have rolled out a fix and should be completed at 5PM UTC

Title: Some users may be unable to access their mailbox using the IMAP4 connection method within Exchange Online User impact: Users may be unable to access their mailbox using the IMAP4 connection method within Exchange Online. More info: All other connection methods are unaffected by this issue. Current status: The fix has been approximately 97% saturated to affected users, and we estimate completion by our next scheduled update. Scope of impact: Impact is specific to users hosted through the affected infrastructure and may impact any user attempting to access their mailbox using the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP4) connection method within Exchange Online. Root cause: A configuration issue within a recent change to enhance the user experience to the IMAP4 connection method, is inadvertently causing impact. Next update time: Friday, August 11, 2023 at 5:00 PM GMT+1

Kind Regards

Hornbill Cloud Team 

• Like 1