Data preview in Reporting just whirling and nothing displayed

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

Just noticed that if I use the data preview tab in reporting today this is just whirling and not returning any results - anyone else seeing the same ?  I have restarted the browser, and laptop to ensure all connections aok, but still getting the whirl after the restart

Many thanks

image.png.ec9460944eb1eadeeac389f9c0038049.png

Many thanks

Adrian,
Thanks for the post. We can confirm that we can replicate the issue and are investigating. In the meantime you can load the report (dont go to the Data Preview tab), goto Output Formats , Check CSV , then go to Data Preview ... 

Sadly we also note that the change in Output Format is not correctly saved so it will have to be re-done each time you wish to view the Data Preview.. We are also looking at this. 

KInd Regards

Keith Stevenson

• Like 1

I've also noticed an issue with reporting this morning - I cannot rename a report as clicking Save doesn't update the report and there are no errors. I also tried using the Copy report as... option where clicking the Apply button behaves as expected with no errors, but there is no new report by that name in the list of reports.

As mentioned above the Data Preview tab is stuck with the spinning Hornbill logo. However, running the report manually does produce data via the CSV or XLSX option as expected.

• Like 1

I can confirm the issue - New reports are failing on generation with the issue below:

LoadAppContext: com.hornbill.servicemanager(783m) AppRghts=6 ms, AppOpt=24 ms, AppFmt=35 ms, AppDb=288 ms, AppEnt=421 ms, AppStr=9 ms Unable to Execute Report: MySQL Error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM h_itsm_requests AS Requests LEFT JOIN h_sm_requests_extended AS Extended...' at line 1

Its the most simple, bare-bones report I could create. There isn't anything wrong with it's contents. As it is month end/start we've got a lot of reporting requests building up!

Cheers,

-B

• Like 1