'Watch' requests?

Alisha

Hello,

In Supportworks, we had the ability to 'watch' requests so we could have a separate list of Incidents/Service Requests that we wanted to keep an eye on, to check them later. Is there a similar function in Service Manager please?

Many thanks,
Alisha

Hi Alisha,

In Hornbill you have a number of options that can be used.

Follow a request - following a timeline will give you updates in your News Feed so that you are always up to date.

Bookmarks - add these requests as a Bookmark. You can create your own Bookmark category for these requests

Boards - create a personal Board that you can quickly add these requests to.  

If this is more of a requirement for a team, then you could add a field to flag the request as a one to watch and then you could create Request List Views to display these.  

Hope that helps.

Regards,

James

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

@Alisha you should receive updates to the followed requests in your Hornbill notifications and on your newsfeed

Here i am following IN000000739 and brian updates it, i see this in the notifications in the top right, and on the Newsfeed

image.png

If you are not seeing these on your instance perhaps check your notification settings on your profile - make sure the 

* Post - notification is enabled.  

image.png

Hope that helps

@Alisha are you using these notifications as well?

image.png

For example if i turn off Sub Status Change (Team Notification), i won't get notified about sub status changes to tickets assigned to my teams where there is no owner, but i will see notifications on tickets i am following with Post enabled.

Notifications is covered here https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/My_Profile_Settings

This gives more details on enabling or disabling the Service Manager notifications which suit your needs, and deciding if you are setting global rules, or allowing each agent / manager to set their own preferences with this setting

guest.app.requests.notification.allowUserDefinedNotificationType.

• 3 months later...

Hi @Steven Boardman.

Is it normal that analysts that are following a ticket are not receiving notifications from System AutoResponder updates to the ticket?

We noticed that our colleagues are not being notified on these ticket timeline updates. (we've changed the default visibility of these timeline actions to Team only a few weeks ago)

Regards,

A.

image.png.b2c1153746cf4a7f71a61b2ccaeea79f.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Alberto M @Alisha

In short, this working as intended, the users will not receive notifications on updates.

When a user follows a timeline they should get notified only about updates they have visibility of, we don't send notifications on something they are not allowed to see.

Being added as a member gives you access to the details of a request you normally are not allowed to see. However, this does not enable you to receive notifications when you follow the request because you're still not a Member of the team the request is assigned to.

This would be an enhancement request, should you wish to request a change in functionality.

Nanette.

• 1 month later...

I would be interested in this as we often like to see how another member of the team resolved an issue we have not been involved with before. I also thought that if i added myself as a Member i would be notified when the call was Updated or Resolved.  Is there something else we could use similar to the Supportworks Watched Call option in case there are multiple calls.?