Quick delete of all attachments to a request

Lyonel

Hi,

Is there a way to delete all (or some) attachments of a request, without this being visible to the customer?

Reason being, we have an old request where people have not followed best practice resulting in 467 documents attached! Only 10 of them are relevant. 

I would like to get rid of the other 457 in a quick way (e.g. not manual) and don't want to clutter the customer's timeline.

Any ideas??

4 hours ago, Lyonel said:

request where people have not followed best practice resulting in 467 documents attached!

I feel you... had the same scenario with some of my requests... although I only had around 200 attachments... I just hid in a corner hoping I will forget about it as the alternative was: manual... and timeline clutter :( (this should answer your other question)

But maybe the product gods @James Ainsworth or @Steven Boardman can come up with something new so we can once again enjoy attachment free requests and clear timelines ;) 

• Like 1

Hi @Lyonel

We do have a change in our backlog for deleting multiple attachments from a request.  I hadn't considered how a timeline post might look if it had 457 attachments included in the deletion.  I will add you to the change and I'll also add notes about the concerns about the timeline.  This change isn't currently scheduled so if this is something that you need done soon the change may not be with you in time. 

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Can we disable/enable this feature I have some services (finance) where they do not wish to allow analysts to be able to delete attachments?

Nasim