Customer/Service Portal - All Request View

I know there has been discussions in the past about the provision of a 'All Requests' view via the the customer and service portals and is something we raised when we assessing Service Manager prior to proceeding to move from Support Works.

Now we are live, this is a common trend in the feedback we are receiving from our customers, as in 'I want to be able to see all my requests across all service' or 'In order to locate a request or one of my colleagues, I have to know which service it is under'.

This is possibly has more of an impact for our customers as we have in excess or 100 services defined and most customers will be subscribed to at least 20+ of them.

Are there any plans/timescales for adding in a All Request view?

Cheers

Martyn

This is good to hear as we don't have to many services however we don't currently display the 'Historic Requests' service that was used for the import from Supportworks because it wouldn't make sense - it would be good for these to appear within the 'All Request' area through.

Tina

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi @James Ainsworth,

I would also be very interested by such change! We currently have 112 services setup on our instance. And this number will only grow in the coming months... Also, we are still in the implementation phase of Hornbill. So such view would be a very strong selling point to our internal customers, making the adoption of the service portal greater!

17 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

I'm pleased to say that this is currently being worked on by our development team.  It is likely that this will be completed and ready for release in the next few weeks. 

Brilliant! Will this view allow users to see calls raised against services that are not visible on the Self Service Portal? (such as calls raised on Services that were set up way before we went live with the Self Service Portal)

7 hours ago, samwoo said:

Will this view allow users to see calls raised against services that are not visible on the Self Service Portal?

I just want to confirm on this @samwoo.  Are these requests that do not have a service associated or are you wanting requests against hidden services to still be exposed in this list?  

Regards,

James

Hi James,

It's to be able to choose to have requests against hidden services available in the All Requests View if the customer has any. We are phasing out our current Services for the Self Service Portal related Services and do not wish customers to see them.

But there are still a lot of calls outstanding on these Services and it will be good for the customers to able to see all their calls in one place.

Many thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

At the moment the ability to see requests from Services that are hidden has not been included.  From your description I now understand the use case.  If you are phasing them out I take it that you would also want to prevent the support staff from raising requests against it?  I was just thinking about options for using the ''retired'' status of a service.  This would hide it from the portals and should stop the support staff from raising any new requests against that service, but they should still have visibility of the requests from that service.  I would suspect that a customer on the portal should also have this visibility of their active requests in this list. I just need to confirm this.

Let me know if you think that this scenario would work for you.

James

• Like 1

Hi James,

This sounds like a good solution to change the status of a Service to hide it from both places but still allow customers to view any calls they have. 

Thank you,

Samuel

6 minutes ago, James Ainsworth said:

Just to let you know @samwoo that we have tested the new All Requests View in the portal and it will continue to show active requests for a Service that has been retired.

Regards, 

James

Fantastic stuff! Really looking forward to the All Requests View, it will be a huge benefit to our Customers.

Many thanks,

Samuel

• 1 month later...

I'm pleased to let you know that the new All Requests View in the Service Portals is now available as of the Service Manager 2.33.x update.  This is controlled by the following settings

Service Portal Setting
guest.servicemanager.portal.home.showAllRequests
Customer Portal Setting
guest.servicemanager.customer.home.showAllRequest

The default for these settings is On.  If there is a preference to not display the full list of requests to a user of the portals, these can be switched to Off.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

Hi @James Ainsworth,

Will the All Requests view also give visual feedback on the number of requests currently awaiting feedback?
When viewing requests under a specific service you get the 'Awaiting Feedback' button, but when viewing these same requests in the All Requests view you don't. When opening the request from the All Requests view you are still able to provide the feedback.

Thanks,

Alex

Edit: I don't know what I did or how I did it, but the button suddenly appeared. Will try to deduce cause. Please ignore the above, feature is obviously present.

Edited by Alex8000

@James Ainsworth this new feature makes the portals so much better for our customers!! Thank you :)

Noticed a small issue with width of columns: if the title + service name + catalogue item is a bit too long, the reference column gets truncated...

all requests.png

I was hover the first reference on the table: look at the url on bottom left corner, the reference is truncated. That is a problem for us... Also, the summary and service being truncated, I can understand. But is it possible to display the full text in a tooltip?