Customer Escalations - ability to identify & report on these

ljbrown

We'd like to introduce a new mechanism for capturing when customers escalate/chase for updates on their tickets and establish a way to report on these. Looking for some guidance please on the best way to achieve this, could we automate the flagging of an escalation by introducing a button within the employee portal for a customer to chase their request? If the only option is for a manual flag, would the best way be to introduce a custom field within the summary section which ICT staff can select when needed and then report on these?

• Like 2

Currently doing this manually with a Custom Field in the Details section is the only practical way to do this.

I've tagged this as an Enhancement Request (having a "chase" button rather than manually checking if an email is an update or a chase) and I'm aware that Development have seen the post - although this doesn't mean it will be added it will at least be considered.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This would be a great feature, it should also show how many times a customer has escalated the ticket providing different workflows to be configured depending on the number of escalation attempts. e.g. first escalation to go to the team lead, 2nd escalation to go to the departmental lead and 3 or more to go up the hierarchy.

Kind Regards,

Salma

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

+1 from me. I'm sometimes asked how many times a user has chased up a request or resolution if a user has escalated something to the department manager and although the team update calls most of the time, I'm not sure all these instances are captured in the timeline. If a user has the option of actually chasing up on their ticket via the portal, I'm sure that would prove quite useful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

+1. We've been after some kind of escalation 'button' in the system for two years so will add weight to this.

I would welcome Hornbill suggestions/options on this but my suggestion is

1. a button can be presented to the user in the portal after a certain period of time so they can't immediately escalate but it appears silently when the option can be taken
  2. It would be configured with the usual manual or variable options plus possibly related to service level (i.e. a third option on the targets alongside Respond and Resolve?) 
  3. I do not want this to be displayed with fanfare or notified to the user because it could invite everyone escalating
  4. I would want this configurable by Service and through workflow/BPM; so we can set what happens after the button is pushed
  5. It should not be a one-off. It should be allowed to be pressed and then 'come back again' for another escalation if the ticket does not remain resolved after the wait period again
  6. The number of presses should be recorded so we can act on this as escalation levels in BPM and report on the number of escalations 
  • Like 3

+1.

I can see this would have benefits from a Senior management reporting perspective.

It would also help with understanding trends, where knowledge maybe lacking, on a particular type of call. We might then look at automation opportunities to alleviate a complex manual task, which could ultimately speed up resolution time, thus preventing further escalations or chasing for updates in the future.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

+1 

@Steve Giller Have we got anywhere with this yet? I would like to implement a counter in the background for escalations, meaning when the custom button is pressed the autotask connected +1's to the counter if it is the 2nd escalation and then 3rd. With each escalation it will follow a different branch to send a email template to a different person. 

E.g. 1st escalation, team lead, 2nd Manager and so on. I thought maybe in the mean time there would be a way for me to put in the code to fill in and update a custom field so if blank +1, if 1 then +1 etc to create my own counter that I could then use on the decision node but I cant see a way to do this either.

Unless there is a way that I'm missing the only other thing I can think of is making 3 buttons associated to 3 tasks and if it has never been escalated and the custom field is blank it shows Escalation 1, If its got a 1 in it (set by escalation 1) then it shows Escalation 2 button and so on.

I have recently also made a request to have a "Close" button for Customers so the "Escalate" button is starting to look like there is a requirement for a little "set" of buttons to enable customers to take control of their tickets.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yelyah.nodrog said:

I would like to implement a counter in the background for escalations

That doesn't sound like a codeless environment to me - I can't envisage a scenario where that will be implemented (unless a Developer jumps in to say otherwise)

8 minutes ago, yelyah.nodrog said:

Unless there is a way that I'm missing the only other thing I can think of is making 3 buttons associated to 3 tasks and if it has never been escalated and the custom field is blank it shows Escalation 1, If its got a 1 in it (set by escalation 1) then it shows Escalation 2 button and so on.

I don't see any issue with that, off the top of my head that should achieve your goal.

• 2 months later...