Adding the Last Action Text to Request List

Claire B

Hi,

Within Supportworks, we have "Last Action Text" column (OpenCall -> Last_Text) where we can quickly see the latest update for each calls within Service Desk feature, and we rely on this very heavily in reportings.

Service Manager does not have this within Request List, is it possible in there being an ability to display the first 255 characters of the last request timeline update in the request list? We can also then make use of this in reportings.

Thanks in advance.

The issue of the potential size of a "Last Updated" column is addressed elsewhere in the forums, but can I ask what you're referring to in regard to:

35 minutes ago, Claire B said:

We can also then make use of this in reportings.

While the Request List View can be exported this is not a reporting function, Reports can be built in the Admin tool at Home->Applications->Service Manager->Reports

• 2 weeks later...

Apologises for the delay.

Within Supportworks, whatever you can see within Service Desk feature, we can run a report within Management Information and Reporting feature, and PowerBi, to include "Last Action Text" column. Within Service Manager, this does not appear to be the case - I was not able to find "Last Updated" column in order for this to be displayed within the Reports (as found in the Admin tool at Home->Applications->Service Manager->Reports) (and I presume this will be the same for PowerBi), which was why I requested for this to be included within Request List (also will greatly assist our ICT colleagues, as they relies on this in Supportworks), unless there's another way of pulling/displaying the first 255 characters of the last request timeline update?

Thanks in advance.

@Claire B Home->Applications->Service Manager->Reports is the reporting function in Service Manager in the same way that Management Information and Reporting is the Supportworks reporting function.

In the same way that you built a report in Management Information and Reporting in Supportworks you can in Service Manager, although the database schema (available under Home->Applications->Service Manager->Entity Viewer) is different in Hornbill and you would need to join the Request to its Timeline separately.

Make sense - thank you.

I came across this forum: 

which explains what I'd need to be able to join Request to h_buz_activities, but it's not clear how I'd need to do this using SQL Schema Designer within Reports? I was able to produce a report to join both CMDB and Request table, but I am struggling with this one. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

Hi Steve,

I've tried to join Requests (h_itsm_requests) to h_buz_activities by using Left Join, and although it is displaying data within a number of columns from both tables, it is not consistent e.g. one Request ID is displayed for all of the Content Preview data from other calls. I've tried adding h_buz_activity_streams as a left join with h_buz_activities, but this does not appear to make any difference?

Thanks in advance.

@Claire B the reporting engine in Hornbill is not designed to create the report you are after in the format that you are after I'm afraid... You can query the h_buz_activities table (where the request timelines are stored) but then you would need only the latest entry for each request and this is the bit that the engine is not designed to do...

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...