FAQ Formatting

Darren Rose

Hi

We've come across an issue with the way the Employee Portal displays tables in the FAQ's. 

One of our FAQ's has a table in it which is nicely formatted with colours etc... which was copied from Excel and this used to display fine on the old portal. 

image.thumb.png.152b83bdef5ce39064a9406aae7f02f3.png

However, on the Employee portal, it looks like this and not very good. 

image.thumb.png.1cd7acc453be150336858842513e6e2f.png

@Katie FYI

Thanks

Darren 

I noticed this too... I thought I was doing something wrong so as a solution I used GIMP and created an image based on the table I was using. (It looks better than a table to be fair, but not the point)

I hope the issue can be addressed as we would find it useful to have almost full html formatting in the FAQ's.

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Daniel, 

Is there an update on this? We have just found out that if we put an image there rather than the table (which is the only way to keep the formatting) quite a few people can't view it which is a big problem, particularly with this FAQ as it is one of the most viewed one. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

hi @Daniel Dekel

Has the fix for this been implemented as it is still an issue for us, example below of a table within the editing tool and then how it appears in Employee Portal.  Anyone else still have this issue?

How it looks when editing...
image.png.189bc260fcff839aed0c50778fe76922.png

How it looks on the Employee Portal...

image.png.6cbc034dcddef2adfb7ba35e75d6d8b9.png

• 1 month later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Daniel Dekel

We have FAQ's with tables inserted, but they don't open at all on the Employee Portal.

Any FAQ WITHOUT a table is absolutely fine, but any WITH a table doesn't even try to open (although the first time I try to open it I can briefly see the 'recycle' icon, and it then disappears, so it's trying to do something...)

I'm not sure how long this has been happening for, but it's only just been reported to me....any ideas please?

thanks

Hi @Paul Alexander,

Can you give me more details about what kind of table are you inserting? Is it through the FAQ editor or are you pasting it from a separate source?
For security reasons in our code we are filtering HTML (the FAQ code) with some whitelist tags. So if is not in our list it won't be displayed. That's why I need ot know exactly what is that you are trying to add. 

Thanks,

Daniel.

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Daniel Dekel

I've tried adding them directly through the FAQ code, and also copying and pasting from an excel sheet. 

It's nothing spectacular, just this at the moment (although I reckon if I go through the rest of our FAq's I'll find more):

image.png.52b471f2b9f17eec85344f878197e78b.png

thanks

Paul