Analysts cannot log calls.

Steve Giller

Analysts trying to log a call through the Live portal are getting this far

5ae039e4a266c_Screenshot2018-04-2509_17_58.png.087397993c3a5b107c647103fd6fb6c4.png

but nothing happens when clicking on any of the Catalog Items. This started happening yesterday afternoon.

I'm getting the following in the Dev console:

<source> element has no “src” attribute. Media resource load failed.
request
All candidate resources failed to load. Media load paused.
request
Source map error: request failed with status 401
Resource URL: https://live.hornbill.com/derbycollege/lib/ui-select/select.min.js
Source Map URL: select.min.js.ma 

I can't completely rule out someone making changes and denying it (as happened with our mailboxes recently!) but I can't see anything that's changed.
Analyst permissions are as follows - have I missed anything?
5ae03ae2d9d28_Screenshot2018-04-2509_21_27.png.1ec1393ced849f82ad6c5de07fe1619b.png

An analyst who could log a call ended up with this:5ae04d411862b_Screenshot2018-04-2510_40_21.thumb.png.dbb1ff9309625908c6e769e7ba6e1981.png

ProCap completely skipped, I've checked the Service and it's correctly set up with an active ProCap that's not been edited this year, and has not been changed in any way.

Also, I tried logging this via https://www.hornbill.com/support/ but there are no requests showing for me - I don't know if there's an issue there or I'm doing it wrong!

@DeadMeatGF  The error message from the dev console does not seem to be related to this issue because it is complaining about the download of videos and all you are doing is selecting a Catalog item, not related to videos from what I can see. So could you repeat the dev console run? As for being unable to raise this with support, it did not come through for some strange reason. Did you get any error messages when submitting the request?  

Thanks

Pamela

Nope, it all looked fine.
I can log Requests myself, so I'm suspecting something to do with permissions, but it's affecting different users with the same permissions differently - some can select a Service but not a CI, others can't select a Service, a couple can select the CI but it doesn't then activate the ProCap.
It's very strange.

I'll remote into a colleague's machine and take some screenshots.

@DeadMeatGF What would be helpful is if you could identify users who are experiencing this. Perhaps 3 and send screenshots of their permissions:

1. those who can select service but no CI

2. those who cant select a service

3. those who can select a CI but cant activate the Procap

Even if its just one example of each category, that would be really helpful for us in getting us to replicate this issue

Thanks

Pamela

Hi @Pamela

1. is the permissions in the first post.
3. Is my Service Desk:

5ae055f2b4141_Screenshot2018-04-2511_18_05.png.506b9e406299fb1af8ea9287f09a5a61.png

Investigating this part I have discovered that Scenario 3 is actually the same as Scenario 1, but if you click "Finish" it logs the call with no ProCap (logical, I guess) and you get 3, if you give up and don't press "Finish" you get scenario 1.

I'm trying to track down a user with scenario 2, but either those affected are out of office or they miscommunicated their issue.

@Victor @Pamela

We have the app.itsm.progressiveCapture.newIncident and app.itsm.progressiveCapture.newRequest set to DC IT Select Service:

5ae05d2119c1f_Screenshot2018-04-2511_48_31.png.e26fe0ace5c640a8a93b3474b3b3dbe3.png

Which has - up to now - forced the selection of a CI and jumped to the correct ProCap.
Has there been a change in this functionality? That might explain things.
If so - what's the best way to force selection of a CI when hitting the "Raise New..." button in the Live Portal?

@DeadMeatGF well ...we might have to start using it ... give me the PCF definition file and I'll make some changes you can look at and apply afterward...

1 minute ago, DeadMeatGF said:

Has there been a change in this functionality? That might explain things.

No idea yet ... but afaik, no... might be wrong here though

@DeadMeatGF The 'noMatching gotoif found' message tends to appear because the BPM condition is not being met and there is nowhere to go if no match is found. Have you specified a route if no match is found? 

I suspect not, it's only occurring on calls that have not been through the ProCap, which has previously not been possible, so I need to add that as a route.

On checking, it tests against the possible CIs that the call has been logged against, so doesn't have a "No Match" exit as we should not be able to log without a CI!

@DeadMeatGF Development have resolved the permissions issue and should be releasing the fix soon. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.  As for the other issues, I am still investigating why you were unable to log a call and I think @Victor is still looking at your Business Processes Progressive Capture.

Thanks

Pamela