Authorisation

SJEaton

Hi

I've been looking at previous topics on Authorisation Nodes and they have been very helpful in how to set up authorisations for multiple authorisers etc however what I'm missing is if I set a user up to be the authoriser, e.g. the manager of the service, how do they know they have something to authorise? what do they receive??  It appears as a task in the request but they won't necessarily have access to this as they aren't in the team so I'm a bit miffed?

Sam

Hi Sam,

We are currently looking into a feature that would send an email to an authoriser and on the email provide options to accept, eject, or view the authorisation request. It is important to know that this will only be available to an authoriser who as been added to Hornbill as a full collaboration user.

We are still in the early part of the investigation and planning of this feature so I'm afraid that I don't have a time frame that I can provide.  I will update this post as this progresses.

Regards,

James

• 1 month later...
Guest Ehsan

@SJEaton

A basic user cannot be an authoriser for an Activity. This logic applies to Authorisation Node and Auto Assign Authorisation Node.

In an example where a basic user is the owner of an Asset, the approvers feature (i.e. Auto Assign Authorisation Node) wouldn't add the basic user as an authoriser.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ehsan

• 4 weeks later...

@nasimg The Authorisation email provides you with labelled buttons to action on an Activity. Clicking on a button (e.g. Authorise, Rejected, Undecided) opens up a Hornbill User App window, which then automatically performs the action.

@Ehsan

Thanks (good to add this to the wiki) but this is something I've been after for a while :D

Any plans to expand this to the customers (basic account)?

Nasim

Cheers @DeadMeatGF but that would cost too much.

We are actually trying to use autoresponder to allow staff to enter a manager's email in the progressive capture which sends them a templated message. The text asks the manager to reply to this with "approve" or "reject", this updates the ticket's timeline. We have a activity which has to be completed by the owner to say the manager approved or rejected (and are using substatus to show if a manager has responsed).

Nasim