Auto Assign to most available Analyst - clarification

In the post below, the following login was documented for the 'Assign to Most Available Analyst' 

"Assign to Most Available Analyst works on the basis of capacity. It also requires a team to be provided as an input parameter. The system will look through the members of this team and will assign the request to the member of the team who has the least amount of open requests (for that team). If there is more than one team member on the same least amount of open requests, the system will allocate the request to the team member that was last assigned a request the longest amount of time ago.

For both the Assign Round Robin and Assign to Most Available Analyst bpm options, the system will take into account the user status which is found on their profile. If the user status is set to anything other than 'Available' that user/analyst/team member will not be considered as a request owner for either operation"

Can I ask what logic is applied when none of the analyst are set to 'Available', i.e. when they have all left for the day, but customers are still submitting request via the portal and the workflow being initiated. Should this not then result in the request being assigned to the Team and not an individual?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

If no analyst is found/available then yes the request should be assigned to just the team specified in the business process node. If this is not happening, please let us know and we will get it raised with our development team.

Cheers,

Alex

Alex

We are testing this at the moment as there appears to be other issues with the assign to most available analyst, i.e. not giving it to the the most available analyst with the least number of open incidents within the team. This has been logged as IN00142055 with support.

I will test the allocation process tonight when all the 1st Tier have finished for the day.

Cheers

Martyn

Alex

Just to confirm we have checked the allocation when all team members are unavailable and it does indeed auto assign just to the team.

noavail_result.JPG

Can I ask one fruther clarificaiton in relaiton to " to the member of the team who has the least amount of open requests (for that team ", What status values are taken into account as 'open requests' i.e. is resolved excluded as well as closed/cancelled?

Cheers

Martyn

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Martyn,

As mentioned in my previous post, this was added as criteria to another planned change which at the moment is not yet scheduled.  However, I'm also looking into this to see if this can be done in isolation as a smaller change which may allow us to progress it a little sooner.

Regards,

James

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Martyn,

Yes, this is regarding the requirement that you requested above.  When using the Hornbill Automation Most Available Analyst there is an option to exclude any on-hold requests in the calculation when determining the availability of a user.  

Documentation about this feature can be seen here.

This feature was just released and is already available in the LIVE environment as of Service Manager build 1958.  

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...