Add customer assets

Alisha

Good afternoon,

I would like to add customer assets to a request in the workflow, but this is not working for me. So I went back to basics and created an Auto Task to test this, but this still won't work. I definitely have an asset that is used by me. I have tried different options but can't get it to work. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Alisha

Add Asset.png

Asset Used By.png

Thanks Jim.

I am the customer in this scenario and I have tried removing the User ID as you suggested but it still doesn't work unfortunately.

However, we would also like to set the User ID using a Variable, as sometimes the line manager will log the request on behalf of their member of staff.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Alisha,

I can't be much of a help here for you, as it works for me - without a hitch - from AutoTask.

BUT I CAN add, for anyone who is interested: IF the asset is configured to be "Shared", then "Used By" of True will only work if the individual customer/user is LISTED as an individual under the "Shared With" list - as opposed to being IMPLIED (i.e. the user is part of the Team/Organisational Unit)?

• Like 1

@Alisha it's a toggle button next to the used by image.png.e272f250f65f4fd982a6ea5729578465.png

however with what you have said it doesn't sound like you have yours set up this way, once set as shared you will then see a shared owners list you can populate image.png.7584192f151445bcde59a6fe6ae090b6.png  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all - I'm having a similar problem. Whenever I use the above node @Alisha used, I get an error (in my output) saying that my user id has no assets:

node2.png.8a755c875bcc0960a79a3af04e73fb40.png

I have this set in a process that identifies the customer that logged the ticket (in this example, me) and should return any assets used by them

If I look up my username I can see a laptop listed against me. I am listed under "owned by" "used by" and "last logon by".

hb1.png.46d9a8581308116072dfd63bedb59149.png

I did note that if I look up my user record via Platform Config > Users, and then switch to "devices" there is nothing listed (is it looking at this instead?)

hb2.thumb.png.841cd8bf258473de3ae595ad8dfa8d6b.png

Did the "shared with" option work?

• 1 month later...
On 07/03/2024 at 09:23, Andrew Parsons said:

It's now showing against me again (as i'm the last person to log on to it)

I'm not clear on this comment - why does logging on to the Asset mean you're the Owner?
Have you got an import that checks who logged on and assigns the Owner/Used By values?
If so, please ensure you are using the latest version (v.4.4.1) which has the most recent updates and fixes.
If not, how are you assigning the Asset?

Hi @Steve Giller I'm not sure I understand. First up - latest version? Of HB SM? See below for when I go to About.

image.png.701fde7d68548b75c21f5b7f5c922602.png

I don't know the full details but we have an import from Lansweeper. It appears to use the last logon user to populate "used by" and "owned by".  In any case, my name appears against a device in those fields.

1.png.45a018919aa00092752c2da610a9144c.png

...but when I try and "add assets" belonging to me via a bpm, it says my user id has no assets associated. I'm using the same node as the original poster in this thread, but still get "The user  owns no assets of the selected class and type" despite me being an owner of the above device as far as Service Manager is concerned.

Hi Steve - we're using v11.1.1.3  of lansweeper.  Again, not sure why this is relevant. Either way, my name is being recorded against an asset in Hornbill. Whether this is correct or not is beside the point, it's that Service Manager is saying I have no assets when I clearly do.

@Steve Giller according to my colleague we're on XMLMC Database Asset Import Utility v3.3.3 - so I'm guessing we will now be told to upgrade.

As I've asked a few times - why does Service Manager not think I have assets that are shown as Owned by me if I look up my co-worker record? Is this a confirmed known bug in versions lower than v.4.4.1 ? Or am I using the right type of node in the bpm?

17 hours ago, Andrew Parsons said:

Is this a confirmed known bug in versions lower than v.4.4.1 ?

I earlier versions it was possible to present data that appears correct in the UI but was not correctly stored in the underlying data, this is prevented in the latest version.