Knowledge Management - Feature Request

When reviewing the roadmap details for the Knowledge Management features coming soon I thought it would be a good feature to be able to plug-in an iBridge connector to a ChatGPT account as a source for creating knowledge articles. We have been playing with ChatGPT for our knowledge base in preparation for the new features and found it a great time saver. Instead of spending time creating the articles we save about 90% of the overal time and instead just validate the information and ensure its applicable for our local environment. 

I am sure other customers would find this useful. You can simply cut and paste which is easy enough on a laptop etc but for anyone creating on the go on a tablet when with an end user etc it would be useful to plug-in ChatGPT or other useful resources. 

• 2 months later...

Hi All

We have taken a look at the Knowledge Base functionality and followed the Wiki guide for settings and roles, but this feature doesn't seem to appear. Can I check is this live and available now to use please? We have reviewed the Wiki page, and turned on all required settings, and granted roles as specified.

Many thanks

Adrian

3 hours ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

We have taken a look at the Knowledge Base functionality and followed the Wiki guide for settings and roles, but this feature doesn't seem to appear.

Which feature?

This thread is about having ChatGPT connectors, which I believe is still in the "Watch This Space" phase ... if it's about something else, you might get a better response with a separate post.

From @Adrian Simpkins's perspective, he was asking in reference to whether the central knowledge management functionality is available. I spotted a LInkedIn post referencing the functionality to a new customer target audience, so I was curiously flicking around the WiKi and other Hornbill documentation to see how we enable this feature. 

I know the roadmap for knowledge has many facets but they foundation for us at MSE is having the ability to create  knowledge articles firstly for our internally facing KB and then our customer facing KB, which will be a time consuming task in itself hence why we are keen to get creating. Whats to follow we can then adopt when available such as exposing that in the  context of a customer raising a request. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm keen to understand better how the improve Knowledge Base works in Hornbill but eventhough I've got the Knowledgebase Manager option I can't find the option to actually access the module.. (i'm pretty sure it was there straight after the Hornbill insight)

• Like 2

Notes on knowledgebase characteristics important to NN Inc in rough priority, .

• At least 2 levels of security as far as suggesting/viewing knowledgebase articles, end users and technicians.  No need for more than 4 levels.
  • Tagging articles with keyword tags, preferably with some method of ranking tags like sequential tagging (first tag highest ranked) or numeric (tag + ranking value)
  • Reporting of either date added or “expiry date” so that old content can be refreshed or obsoleted on a regular cadence.
  • Multilingual support.
  • Ability to track which articles are being viewed, and some form of user feedback for helpful/not helpful.
  • Natural Language/AI search engine to help not so computer literate folks get better results.
  • In-article hyperlinking to related content.
  • Linking to external content.
  • Like 4

Are the documents filtered only on a first word?

The requests tab doesn't show the data a request was logged at. I think this could be useful to the user, to check, if the issue they reporting has already been logged.