No longer able to reassign tasks

Gareth Watkins

Some of our analysts have discovered today that they can no longer reassign tasks on calls which were assigned other support teams or analysts.

I understand from pervious queries that this ability depends on specific roles being applied to user profiles. We have not made any permission changes to affect this ability in our instance. Has something changed or become deprecated within the roles, and rights contained within, to limit this?

The role options have been greyed out on the calls whereas a day or so ago it was possible.

• Like 1

I have since seen that no functionality has really been removed from task assignment, it's just that now re-assigning to another team or assigning to both a user and team requires assigning it to yourself first, then re-opening it to edit again.

I'm still being chased by my colleagues about this. It seems like this just adds extra clicks to assigning tasks, increases confusion for those unaware of the new way to re-assign to a different team, and opens up more opportunity for human error (e.g. user from a team assigns it to themselves, but then doesn't open it again to assign the team as well, thus the team task view loses visibility of the task). Yet I can't see any clear benefit in why this amendment was made.

It's been over a week since the original post, but still no information about why this was done, and whether it's going to be reverted (or at least tweaked). Please can we have an update?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Having raised this as an incident directly with Horbnill they have advised that they are trying to create a role that encompasses the right to reassign tasks.

I don't think we were supposed to reassign tasks in the first place but there was a loophole in the admin roles that allowed it which is now closed.

I guess a few more people than anticipated have come to rely on the function hence the potential new role / rights but I don't have much more information from them at present and no ETA.

• Thanks 1

I can confirm that this is still being worked on.

It's a more complex undertaking than it may appear as it mainly manifests itself in Service Manager, but Tasks are a Platform component (which all applications can utilise) so there's a lot of back and forth between development teams to progress this.