Issue with passing ISO 8601 duration value into Place On Hold - Hold Period

Linked to my earlier post about duration period when entering them manually (links at the bottom of the post), the same issue occurs if you simply insert a duration value of 'P2M', the node works but only puts the request on hold for 2 mins not 2 months. This is expected as the M is used for both minutes and months.

However you try to use more detailed duration string the node will error, for example 'P0Y2M0W0DT0H0M', 'P0Y2M0W0DT0H0M0S'.

Note - In the example below I have removed the numeric variable from the human task which is setting the number of months to rule that out for the moment.

image.png.847e58b0faebcd5f936aa9779e1d0311.png

Change the Hold Period to manual and entering the same value in works, so it appears to be something in the format I am using to specify the duration or the translation of the format into what Service Manager expects.

image.png.6da1c78e5dfa1501625f22fed139ecc5.png

@Ehsanam I using the correct format for specifying the duration?

Cheers

Martyn

https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001437-13/reference/r_iso_8601_duration_format.htm

1 hour ago, Martyn Houghton said:

if you simply insert a duration value of 'P2M', the node works but only puts the request on hold for 2 mins not 2 months. This is expected as the M is used for both minutes and months.

That's not expected: "P2M" is a two-month duration and "PT2M" is a two-minute duration - this is specifically to resolve ambiguity.
That may need looking at.

1 hour ago, Martyn Houghton said:

However you try to use more detailed duration string the node will error

What is the error here?

• 2 weeks later...