Selecting more than one asset class for a filter on asset picker

Smurfy

Hi

Is it possible to make an amendment so in an asset picker on a PCF you can select more than one asset class to filter on?

image.thumb.png.d8d627477fc2f811f8d05f148cac515c.png

• Like 1

As a follow up - while I have been playing.
I noticed the customer poral doesn't apply any filter. So it I set it to computer system in the class it still shows everything in the All tab.
If I go on the analyst view (I think you call that the employee portal) it does filter it. Is that a fault?

I still would like to select multiple assets or types though as per my initial request for future dev.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 4:46 PM, Smurfy said:

As a follow up - while I have been playing.
I noticed the customer poral doesn't apply any filter. So it I set it to computer system in the class it still shows everything in the All tab.
If I go on the analyst view (I think you call that the employee portal) it does filter it. Is that a fault?

I still would like to select multiple assets or types though as per my initial request for future dev.

Hi there.

would someone at Hornbill be able to advise?

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2022 at 1:53 PM, Smurfy said:

Is it possible to make an amendment so in an asset picker on a PCF you can select more than one asset class to filter on?

I'm not aware of any plans to make changes here, although you could have a form with a Computer System filter followed by one with a Mobile Device filter followed by one for Printer, or even use branching to only select the relevant one(s)

Thanks for coming back to me Steve.

So we have one form asking the user to search and select their asset. Or CMDB is not the most up-to-date so sometimes they have to go to "all assets" Its there where I only want to show 3 Classes.
They would only ever have a laptop, mobile device or printer. Everything else is infrastructure and not relevant to a user so they would have no need to display them and cause confusion.