Characters <&> Sent in Email Not Showing Correctly in the Timeline

AlexOnTheHill

Hello,

Would it be possible to look at the following characters which when added to an email aren't correctly visible in the timeline?

Greater than >

Less than <

Ampersand &

Presently, if these characters are included in an email to a user the email shows correctly but the entry in the timeline does not, the characters become &gt; &lt; and &amp; respectively

If these characters are added to the timeline as an update they show correctly, it seems there is something specific about email that is a problem.

Many thanks

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm fairly new to using Hornbill (from March this year) and have noticed this also happens in our instance. Did anyone come up with a solution or is it just something we need to live with? It's not a major issue, as the OP said, the email the customer gets looks fine, it's just the timeline it happens on. I've noticed also that the same characters show in the timeline when we apply categories/sub-categories, so not solely related to emails in this case. Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

@JanS2000 the issue reported in this thread with characters < and > not displaying as such in the timeline should have been fixed in SM build 2091 deployed in Dec 2020. Can you please detail on the issue you experience now, perhaps some screenshots? (please remove or obfuscate any sensitive data from screenshots)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/16/2022 at 11:22 AM, JanS2000 said:

image.png.00482995f4f1bb0a6831c166a6fc7cc9.png

image.png.c558429c971b444d9371a3204ce38920.png

Hi @Victor, here are a couple of screenshots from two recent calls where this has occurred. The second image, on the original email it says S&W, but shows in the timeline as the above. 

Hi, this still happens for us, do I need to raise a support call?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 11:22 AM, JanS2000 said:

image.png.00482995f4f1bb0a6831c166a6fc7cc9.png

image.png.c558429c971b444d9371a3204ce38920.png

Hi @Victor, here are a couple of screenshots from two recent calls where this has occurred. The second image, on the original email it says S&W, but shows in the timeline as the above. 

Hi, this still happens on our instance (we started using Hornbill in March). It's not a major issue but one I'd like to get sorted if possible. Should I raise a support ticket?

Any help or advise greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

@AlexOnTheHill @Martyn Houghton @HHH @Jeremy development is now working on a fix for this defect. If you like to be notified when the fix is deployed please navigate to our customer success portal in Hornbill Support Service on Published Defects tab. Hit the "Me Too" button on the defect and you will be added as an impacted connection to it. Reference: KE00174669

@JanS2000 for the "category" timeline entry you have posted, have a look in categories configuration, it might be that it has an incorrect delimiter set up there.

• Like 2

@JanS2000 yes the &gt; is the formatting for > ... So what I would say you need there is like this (so dash and >)

image.png

You can have just the ">" but what you would have had (if it wasn't for the formatting) would have been "->" so, it depends on how you want to separate categories with just ">" or "->"

• Like 1