Priorities in Service Manager

Jeremy

We need to edit our Priorities in Service Manager but it appears that you cannot edit them just create/remove is there a way to do this?

I have included our priorities below, essentially we want to remove the bits in brackets. Is this something that can be changed in the database? We have quite a few BPMs etc that reference these and think that if we recreate them this will break the BPMs and also the existing requests in our system would have the priority removed if we recreated them...

image.png.0226640998a8c1c5960d6862b474a673.png

@Jeremy

As you suspect renaming a priority is going to need a enhancement to the system.

You could update them directly by Database Direct on h_itsm_priority, updating the text in h_priorityname.

The question will be the affect on any anything you have in Progressive Capture or BPM that use the display name . If you do not branch base don priority in them or only at the beginning when you first log a new request, you should have minimal impact, especially if you set up the PC/BPM to use both formats.

I suspect that views and SLM rules will use the h_pk_priorityid,

I think it will come down to trying the update in the DB, as you could always revert the textual name change.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Jeremy,

Possibly the best option at the moment is to create the new priorities with the naming that you want and then you can disable the old priorities. Disabling a priority will simply make it so that it is no longer visible or available when setting a priority against a request.  Doing this will mean that any existing request or BPM Instance will continue to work as the original priority will still be there.  You will need to look at any decision nodes in your Progressive Captures or BPMs that are using the old name, and update these.

image.png