Dashboard Use with ADFS

Michael Sharp

How do we use a dashboard when ADFS is employed as a sign on method?  Surely I don't have to keep an administrator logged in with a domain account?

My screen is currently driven by an off domain machine and logged in as myself for the wallboard.

Mike.

Hi Michael,

When using ADFS, the computer that is authenticating to Hornbill does not need to be on the domain.  The authentication is for the user only.  When accessing Hornbill from a browser, the user is prompted for their user name and password, there is an authentication hand shake between SAML and ADFS that determines if the user can be authenticated.  

@Michael Sharp we use a Hornbill only account called 'IT Wallboard' to display all our wallboards. 

Credentials are saved in Chrome / Password manager and it uses the 'backdoor' url to access the dashboards without the need for SSO so the machines can be on or off domain depending what else they are displaying. 

We just give it access to the required dashboards to display them around the business. Currently we have 6 wallboards using this account with no issues. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When linking to Dashboards created within Advanced Analytics, I've been using the URL on Powerpoint presentations (ie, https://admin.hornbill.com/instancename/app/com.hornbill.servicemanager/analytics/dashboards/1/

However, the URL just sends the user to https://admin.hornbill.com/instancename/

Is there a setting we need to update with Service Manager, in order to point direct to the Dashboard URL?

Many thanks,

Neil