Change owner of a library

HGrigsby

Hi

We have a library which was created by someone who no longer works with service manager.   I needed to be able to change permissions on the library and can't do it, I have had to ask him to make the changes for me.

Is there a way round it?  Can I either have rights to change permissions on it or take over ownership of the  library?   It would cause more of a problem is the owner of the library left the company.

Apologies if this has been raised before, I found articles about taking ownership of documents, but not libraries.

Thanks

Helen

Sorry, we don't the facility to change ownership of a library (as we do for documents) currently, however we're aware of this problem and are planning to introduce this feature in the near future.  Will update you here when we have release it. 

Thanks

Trevor H

If you go to Documents, then click on the relevant Library, then the 'gear' icon (Properties) you can add a user with View/Publish/Edit rights.

You can change document permissions in the Admin app, under Hornbill Document Manager > Change Owner

Just enter the user you want to take documents from, tick the ones you want to reassign, and choose the new owner.

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2018 at 5:19 PM, trevorharris said:

Sorry, we don't the facility to change ownership of a library (as we do for documents) currently, however we're aware of this problem and are planning to introduce this feature in the near future.  Will update you here when we have release it. 

Thanks

Trevor H

We will also need this feature, is this in a change backlog? is there any estimated time?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.  The latest release of Docmanager (released last night) will allow reassigning of libraries as well as documents, this is done in the same Change Owner panel in the admin tool.  Now when you search for a user you will also see their Libraries and will have a button to reassign them too. 
Please note: You will need Docmanager Admin role in order to access this.

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 16.27.13.png

Hope this helps

Thanks

Trevor

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, trevorharris said:

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.  The latest release of Docmanager (released last night) will allow reassigning of libraries as well as documents, this is done in the same Change Owner panel in the admin tool.  Now when you search for a user you will also see their Libraries and will have a button to reassign them too. 
Please note: You will need Docmanager Admin role in order to access this.

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 16.27.13.png

Hope this helps

Thanks

Trevor

Thank you, very appreciated here.