Workspace Time Sheet Recording

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

I understand what you want but attaching Timesheet manager to the Activity Stream can be quite complicated and can not only take some time to implement but also can affect the performance of both client and server.

Did you think of something similar to how our forum shows the "Member's reputation" number? That is based on posts and comments that the user was involved on. And that can be much easier to implement. In fact you can achieve this using the reporting tool.

Daniel.

• 1 year later...

@Daniel Dekel

Though I post the requirement some time ago, it has just come around again, in relation to encouraging the team to use collaboration work-spaces to record tacit knowledge. Every were else they record there time in Service Manager, Mailbox etc, which feed in to Time Sheet Manager automatically. Where are time them spend recording knowledge or contributing to discussions on the Workspaces is not.

This is then often at odds with us trying to continuously  encourage users to use workspaces and also means we are not able to monitor/record the time individual spend doing this.

Cheers

Martyn 

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

I'm trying to think how could we get beneficial data out of this. Thinking how me and others use posts and comments, I don't think I spend more than a few seconds, perhaps max a minute writing a comment and similar with posts. Is that what you are after? Or perhaps a count of posts and comments for the day? Or time spent on a workspace?

Cheers,

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel

We often make quite detailed posts as part of capturing knowledge, as well as using them for recording notes/actions from meetings, so in our case we speed a fair amount of time on posts. Therefore for our purposes it is time recording like in Service Manager actions we are after.

Similarly if you enter a comment on a timeline in Service Manager as well, you do not have the ability to capture  time against it. You have to use an action which creates a post.

Cheers

Martyn

Thanks @Martyn Houghton for the clarification.

We do have an idea how to solve this. We could track time for all comments and posts in activity streams and provide useful reports like time spent writing posts and comments for  a specific user, or team, or all. We could link it to a specific workspace or related entity to that activity stream like a request. Once we have that data the Timesheet Manager could request that daily and add it to the timesheet of the user.

Now, all that is very nice but we need time to implement all that... and don't see when can we locate this. 

But, let's keep this post alive and hopefully we will be able to implemented sooner than later.

Daniel

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2019 at 10:49 AM, Daniel Dekel said:

Thanks @Martyn Houghton for the clarification.

We do have an idea how to solve this. We could track time for all comments and posts in activity streams and provide useful reports like time spent writing posts and comments for  a specific user, or team, or all. We could link it to a specific workspace or related entity to that activity stream like a request. Once we have that data the Timesheet Manager could request that daily and add it to the timesheet of the user.

Now, all that is very nice but we need time to implement all that... and don't see when can we locate this. 

But, let's keep this post alive and hopefully we will be able to implemented sooner than later.

Daniel

This would be a really useful feature for us too, so happy to contribute towards any testing of ideas etc.. 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...