Transferring 70+ Requests from 1 team to another

dwalby

Hi all,

We've recently had a change of team name within the department. I've created the new team and added the members accordingly. I now need to transfer all requests from the original team to the new team whilst maintaining the same request owner (albeit in the new team) - how is the best way to go about doing this?

Thanks in advance

I thought that if you just changed the team name it changed it everywhere (including BPMs etc) and that creating a new team / reassigning calls was not needed. 

At least I didn't need to do all of that when I renamed a team of ours due to a name change....

21 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

I thought that if you just changed the team name it changed it everywhere (including BPMs etc) and that creating a new team / reassigning calls was not needed. 

At least I didn't need to do all of that when I renamed a team of ours due to a name change....

If I'm reading this correctly, a whole new team has been created, an existing one has not been renamed.

3 hours ago, dwalby said:

We've recently had a change of team name within the department.

I understand the new team has been created, I was more questioning the method. 

Unless the old team still exists and has a different set of analysts and the new team is infact a completely new team and analysts have moved from one to the other, I dont see then need to go through creating a new team/adding users/reassigning tickets when just changing the name should work fine. 

3 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

I understand the new team has been created, I was more questioning the method. 

Unless the old team still exists and has a different set of analysts and the new team is infact a completely new team and analysts have moved from one to the other, I dont see then need to go through creating a new team/adding users/reassigning tickets when just changing the name should work fine. 

@Dan Munns - Just to clarify, the reason I created the new team was because I noted the Organisation ID cannot be amended, only the Team name. As we've only been using Hornbill for a few weeks the impacts of creating a new team and transferring the requests were low and it would've bugged me to have an inconsistency between the org ID and Team name. Creating a new team was probably an unnecessary action, but my OCD took over!