Custom Fields

Keith

Are there plans for any custom fields to be added to the projects. I can already see that we would need some additional information. See screenshot of our current excel project portfolio.

Thanks

Keith

project screenshot.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

@Darren Rose Would it be fair to say that 'business strategies' in this case are a form of project category? but with the notion that a project could be part of multiple different business strategies?

Would a useful feature for Project Manager be the ability to tag projects, much the same way that you can tag documents in Hornbill Document Manager?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Lyonel thanks for your post. Although the addition of custom fields is still in our plans, it would be great if we could offer specific fields by default that would be of use to multiple customers. This of course works out best for everyone. Can I ask what in particular you would use custom fields for on a project? Do you have fields that are specific to the types of projects you run or maybe fields that are specific to your organisation?

Alex

@AlexTumber here is a list of fields we would like to have (either custom, or by default). I do appreciate this list might be specific to us, but it could be useful to other customers too (I hope!).

• Priority [Dropdown | source = list ?]
  • Group / Program [Dropdown | source = list ?]
  • External reference [Textbox single line, similar to Service desk requests]
  • Planned benefits [Amount textbox, similar to budget]

The next few fields are what would have in an ideal, perfect world. They could be custom fields:

• Reasons [Textbox multiline]
  • Business options [Textbox multiline]
  • Expected benefits [Textbox multiline]
  • Timescale [Textbox single line]
  • Business [Dropdown | source = list ?]
  • Community [Dropdown | source = list ?]
  • Cost Centre [Textbox single line]
  • PAR / PO reference [Textbox single line]

All of the suggestions above are based on my knowledge of the current system we use (At Task) and Service Manager application (from a technical standpoint).

We could also do with 2 more tabs (like we already have for risks & costs): "Issues / Defects" and "Lessons"

More than happy to discuss it over the phone if need be. :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Keith @Lyonel @Darren Rose the latest Project Manager update now includes the ability to use custom fields.   This uses the same form designer you will be familiar with from Service Manager and other apps.  As such you can add your custom fields, choose, control types, validation, drag and drop between sections etc etc. 

We have updated the details section, and if you have the form designer role you will see the option to manage the fields and add new.

We have started with 5 of each of the following type - Text, Varchar, Date/Time and Integer but can assess and increase as needed. 

Any custom fields you add will be global across all projects

There are also 3 additional default fields (Business Benefit, Reasons and Lessons learnt) which are in the details section but just not visible by default.  

Hope this helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2